NameSilo

Domain name already in Snapname

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi!

There's a domain name that I am interested in acquiring.

I thought I would go to snapname and pay the fee to backorder it. But the snap is already "taken" by another interested party.

I am really trying to get that domain name. Are there any realistic way I would be able to get it now?

I have been reading posts here and it sounds like there's pool.com as well as try to hand register.

Re: pool.com - what is your experience? Since there's already someone who is using snapnames.com, does it mean if I register at pool.com the domain name will automatically go to auction and I will be bidding with the other party?

Re: hand register - how does it work? Is there a post/thread where I can read up on some step-by-step instructions? Tried the FAQ but didn't find anything and may be I just missed a really obvious topic but that happens to me all the time ;)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer to this newbie!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you really want it you may as well bid at Pool, Namewinner, eNom Club Drop, and try to get a GoDaddy Back Order. Hand registration against a back order would take almost a miracle.

•••
Thanks!

But I guess I am not sure how Pool, Namewinner, eNom Club Drop would work in this case since someone has aready snapped the domain name at snapnames.com

(It's not available at all as a Godaddy Back Order and so perhaps another person is using Godaddy?)

If I do put in a bid at Pool or use Namewinner, eNom Club Drop, who would get the name since snapnames will definitely try to take it, and perhaps Godaddy (assuming that I am right about why it's not showing up as a Godaddy Back Order?)

Edited to add => The domain name is not showing up in Namewinner yet. If I want to use Namewinner, do I just wait until it showups?

Re: eNom Club Drop - how do you access that service? I don't see it listed.

And as I said GoDaddy doesn't show it as an available backorder.

Just a lot of newbie questions :)

Last edited:
•••
Hi curiouscat,
You should not be to concerned about the fact that the snaps at snapnames and GoDaddy for your desired domain are already taken. Both will try to snap the domain for their clients but if you follow acts837 advice and go with pool, namewinner and enom they will try to snap for you and ofcourse others of their clients that might be interested in the domain.
These 3 together have a much greater chance to snap the domain than the other 2. But there are still some other snappers out there which also from time to time make their bites.
For enom clubdrop you need to create an enom resale or retail account. Don't know about NameWinner, never delt with them until now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back