NameSilo

question Domain owned by DropCatch.com, not available to purchase?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ollie24

Impact
Hi everyone! quick question here - from an outsider:

I used to have a certain domain some time ago, but for whatever reasons I didn't renew and let it go. I was hoping to get it back now, but WhoIs is showing DropCatch.com as owner. However, DropCatch is not offering this domain on their website... so I was wondering what this means? Are they hoping for me contact them directly and boost the price? Is it possible they will put it up for sale anytime soon?

It's expiring very soon (in a matter of days) & I was hoping if anybody could advise on how to approach this.
Obviously, I would like to avoid paying any ridiculous amounts for the domain... it's a matter of principles.

thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Kind of hard to say without knowing the name. I'm at work right now but if you want to pm the name I can research at my earliest convenience. I noticed my namebright domains use dropcatch as name for registrar in whois. Not sure if that's just from backordered domains because I only have drop-caught names at namebright.

•••
Dropcatch has probably caught it on behalf of a customer and first when it is paid it is transferred to the customer's account and until then it shows Dropcatch as owners

•••
Kind of hard to say without knowing the name. I'm at work right now but if you want to pm the name I can research at my earliest convenience. I noticed my namebright domains use dropcatch as name for registrar in whois. Not sure if that's just from backordered domains because I only have drop-caught names at namebright.

Dropcatch has probably caught it on behalf of a customer and first when it is paid it is transferred to the customer's account and until then it shows Dropcatch as owners

Thanks Rich & wwwulff – I would be very surprised if someone backordered this domain. It's a very specific address. But anything's possible, I guess. @Rich - that would be very helpful, thank you. I'll PM you the domain name - if there's anything you can tell from that. Thank you very much!

O.

•••
If Dropcatch stands as owners there are only 2 options either as I suggested above it is captured on behalf of a client or they own it themselves - The names they catch for them selves usually is for sale within hours after they have captured it, so scenario 1 is most likely

•••
If Dropcatch stands as owners there are only 2 options either as I suggested above it is captured on behalf of a client or they own it themselves - The names they catch for them selves usually is for sale within hours after they have captured it, so scenario 1 is most likely

Undrestood, thanks for the insight @wwwulff - appreciated!
O.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back