discuss Domain WHOIS spam like crazy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

coco77

Top Member
Impact
Hey

I get TONS of emails for web development, SEO etc etc
All because i chose not to have private reg with MOST of my domains up to now.

I keep identifying them as junk, but every day there is a few more in inbox. Getting frustrating to have to look through each one, in case I may be deleting something important that might have ended in junk.

All these whois sites should have captcha codes required to "help" stop this shit. I know some do and some don't.

I think it would be cool to have a community that will share a database of emails used by these service companies to be auto-flagged. What do you think? It is considered spam anyways as we NEVER opted-in to these lists. Really frustrating.

What do you guys do?

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, the best thing you could do is mark them as spam. Email providers have a low threshold for spam, and if more than 0.1-0.2% of the messages they sent are marked as such, they're banned.

The worst thing you could do is just ignore the email. Report it as spam!
It is recognized by Google as SPAM.
But no any changes in his volume at least 1 year already... I don't see any bans...
It is coming and coming...

Last edited:
•••
The best thing I see: myprivacy.ca or similar solution.

•••
•••
Also you may report to spamhaus.org

•••
•••
everyday I almost got email more than 100, sometime 200! if I don't check my inbox in week, I get thousand email! so 1 or two more spamer coming to my inbox, that will not surprise me! :D
but I have to be honest! in past when I first using, email! I always wait, and wondering, why I never get email :) and everytime I got email from someone, I always happy! especially email from MR. Kutu :D lol!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back