Domain Empire

DSI insted of SSI?

Spaceship
Watch
I've created a Java program which implements a subset of the SSI (Sever-Side Includes) language. (the #include statement). Why re-invent the wheel?

I'm currently hosted with Portland free web hosting, mainly becuse they are free! The problem is that their free servers are not SSI enabled. Pritty much every site these days has standard content (such as menus) and most wise web developers don't use frames - they are deprecated in the latest W3C standards. So how do you include standard content in pages without SSI or wasting time by pasting it in every time..

DSI - Developer-Side Includes. You compile includes into your html pages locally, before publication. It may also allow your static pages to be served even faster as the server does not have the extra overhead of generating the page with includes each time it is served.

Does anyone think this is useful? Download it here

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awsome! I use php, but this a easy alt if theres not php support or ssi! Well done, you might want to get this in further dev, and use sourceforge.net or something...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back