NameSilo

Flippa Removes Escrow.com as a Payout Method

Spaceship
Watch

Ladybug

Ladybug DomainsEstablished Member
Impact
Flippa has decided to remove Escrow.com as an available payout method.
New listings will no longer have the option to select Escrow.com as a payout method. However, you can use the other two options (Flippa Escrow and PayPal). You will need to update the available payout methods for your draft listing to Flippa Escrow and/or PayPal.

Flippa Escrow claims to be a fully licensed escrow service powered by Assembly Payments.
This article can be found at https://onlinedomain.com/2017/05/12/domain-name-news/flippa-removes-escrow-com-payout-method/

Anyone have any experience with Flippa Escrow and how could one avoid Paypal chargeback after transferring the domain to the buyer?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It won't be long before someone creates a website with instant free escrow with one of its primary conditions of use is no charge backs and a simple notice on such a website stating by listing a domain on such a website you agree that no charge backs are permitted on domains bought on this website and or something as good eg all attempted charge backs are reported As standard practice etc or words to that effect etc

•••
Trying to get everyone to use Flippa Escrow now instead I guess. Pretty ridiculous of them if you ask me - the more Escrow options the better... I would have to agree though, Flippa has kinda gone downhill.

•••
How about Efty and Payoneer Escrow experiences?

•••
•••
How about Efty and Payoneer Escrow experiences?

I've used Payoneer Escrow through my own domain name sales sites with no issues so assuming there would be no issues using through Efty as well.

•••
:brb:

Last edited:
•••
How about an Escrow service implementing SegWit with Biitcoin or now also Litecoin? Bitcoin has no chargebacks, it could become the defacto standard currency for domainers and domain buyers.

•••
Even though the Escrow.com button was removed, a buyer and seller may agree to any form of payment.
If you ask Flippa upper management, that is the answer you get. I do not understand why Flippa is acting like Escrow.com is not MUCH safer than using paypal directly. Very annoying.

•••
It won't be long before someone creates a website with instant free escrow with one of its primary conditions of use is no charge backs and a simple notice on such a website stating by listing a domain on such a website you agree that no charge backs are permitted on domains bought on this website and or something as good eg all attempted charge backs are reported As standard practice etc or words to that effect etc

There wouldn't be any profit margin if it were totally free. And Escrow.com protects against ANY chargebacks.

•••
Oh look, a week ago I was still a fan of Escrow.com.
But now that some complete moran entered my bank wire routing number twice AND I have no money as a result, I am furious.
To top it off, chat support is worthless and can barely understand the issue.
No reply from anyone at Escrow.com after 5 days.
Payoneer it is. Heck, I might even have to give Flippa Escrow a whirl.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back