IT.COM

GoDaddy puts a domain up for auction that we sold to a client!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
We sold a domain via private sale, escrow.com closing about a week ago. I had sold the domain at a slight discount because the buyers were some students planning a new business.

I noticed today that the domain was listed for GoDaddy auctions, with a starting bid of $399., ending August 17th, no bids yet. I contacted the buyer and he was as surprised as I was! and said that it was a mistake. He got hold of GoDaddy and the auction listing is now down.

Even after buyer got the erroneous auction pulled, still it shows as "For Sale" lol:
2j64imf.jpg

Settle down GDiddy, not every domain that is parked with you is for sale!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy should not be allowed to auction domains that they do not own,if you win the auction then you have to pay them and then if the current owner does not pay the fine to get the domain out of redemption, that is when you get it, but if the previous owner pay the redemption fine fee then you don’t get the domain that you won in auction and spent time and money to win, they got your money for a week at minimum (they can do whatever they want with your money during that week, I mean, I could buy and sell a domain in that period with that money) and then you even have to wait for them to return your money, For me, that is fraud, if an individual does that everybody would be screaming at the forums SCAMMER!!, but Godaddy does it and nobody does nothing….

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back