Dynadot

Google AdSense

Spaceship
Watch

jstep

www.SportsConvo.comEstablished Member
Impact
Is there a way to do it without Social Security Number?

Id prefer not to have that out on the internet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, because they need to have it for tax purposes.

•••
Perhaps Google would accept it through the mail or over the phone? Perhaps AdsenseGuy would know more...

•••
ya i prob should have gone to him

•••
Hey I just seen thie thread, First I will include the official tax standards

1. Will I have to pay taxes on my AdSense earnings?
It is the responsibility of each publisher to understand and adhere to the appropriate tax rules.

Google is required by United States tax laws to collect certain tax-related information from you. However, we are not able to provide you with tax advice. Any tax-related information provided by Google is not intended as and should not be construed as legal, tax or investment advice. You should always consult your tax advisor to help answer specific questions regarding how tax laws apply to you and/or your business. The tax summary we have provided is necessarily incomplete, and the tax laws and regulations are subject to change. Therefore, Google does not guarantee and is not liable for the accuracy or completeness of any tax information provided, or any results or outcome as a result of the use of this information.

Please review these resources for additional information about tax regulations:

For general information about AdSense and taxes, please visit our Tax Information Page.
For specific information regarding U.S. tax requirements, please visit the IRS website.
For tax advice or more technical questions about how tax laws apply to you, please consult your tax adviser.
For general questions about submitting your tax information to Google AdSense, you can email [email protected].
2. Does Google have to collect my tax information?
Yes, if you are approved to participate in the Google AdSense Online Program, we are required to collect certain information from you for tax purposes. For U.S. publishers, this will include a tax I.D. such as a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or a Social Security Number (SSN). International publishers will need to submit Internal Revenue Service form W-8, Form 8233, or certify that they do not have U.S. Activities. We have provided an easy-to-use interface that will help you to select the appropriate form for your tax situation. The tax information interface is available from the 'Tax information' page of your publisher account, below the Account Information tab.

Google uses industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect this and other personal information you provide us. Please read the Google Privacy Policy for more information about what we do to protect your privacy

3. What if I don't have a tax I.D.?
If you do not have a tax I.D. such as a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN), and are either a U.S. business or individual, or a non-U.S. business with U.S. Activities, as described on our AdSense Tax Information Page, you'll need to acquire one. We suggest that you obtain your TIN as soon as possible. Please note that the process of obtaining a TIN may take several weeks. You can visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website for more information on obtaining a U.S. TIN: IRS information page.

4. How do I submit my tax information to Google?
We have provided an easy-to-use interface that will help you to select the appropriate form for your tax situation. Most of the forms are available to submit online, and instructions for submitting any other forms offline are also provided.

The tax submission interface is available when you log in to your AdSense account.

Please note that the tax information collection interface and any tax-related information provided by Google is not intended as and should not be construed as legal, tax, or investment advice. You should always consult your tax advisor to help answer specific questions regarding how tax laws apply to you and/or your business. The tax summary we have provided is necessarily incomplete, and the tax laws and regulations are subject to change. Therefore, Google does not guarantee and is not liable for the accuracy or completeness of any tax information provided, or any results or outcome as a result of the use of this information.

5. When do I need to submit my tax information?
Google began collecting tax information from all publishers on November 13, 2003. New publishers after this date must submit their tax information through the 'Tax information' page of their publisher account before any payments can be sent to them. If tax forms have not been submitted, you will still be able to access your publisher account, show ads, and register earnings.

You'll collect all revenue due to you under the Google AdSense Online Program Agreement once you have submitted your tax information. Google will try to make such payments in the first payment cycle following your submission of this information (provided that you have met the $100 earnings threshold referenced in the Google AdSense Online Program Agreement).

Now to answer your question directly , Yes you must provide a SSN only if you are a) residing in the USA have employees in the USA, or have brick and mortor in the USA, To avoid the taxes and having to include a SSN you can and or will have to have a mailing address outside the USA, and fill out the exemption form for non residents of the USA, Gotta Love Canada and those friends that live there

•••
what about non -US applications?? no ID;)

•••
Re: Google Adsense

Originally posted by jstep
Is there a way to do it without Social Security Number?

Id prefer not to have that out on the internet?
Google doesn't allow it, but you can always try Clicksor. You can choose to have payments via paypal also from there.

•••
form a corporation or an LLC and use its tax number

•••
isnt clicksors payout less?

•••
Originally posted by jstep
isnt clicksors payout less?
Google pays at the end of the month if you have at least $100, and if you don't have at least $100 then Google pays you the next month. If you don't get at least $100 in any month then Google pays you at the end of the year. With Clicksor, you can choose when they payout, that's another good thing about Clicksor. :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back