NameSilo

Google banned???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.X.

In God I TrustTop Member
Impact
How can you find out if a name has been banned by google.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks nRnF, I wondering though,I got this from a DN search and dont quite understand what is trying to say?? Anyone know?? It's not a drop name,I made and reged it myself,It is parked at fabulous.So it should show a page with content to google.What iam looking for is a tool that will tell me if a drop name i wanna pickup is banned from google ect??

1st Check.........

"Google cannot see this website".

2nd Check (using a slightly different method).

"Google again cannot see this website. Its probably banned if not a fresh site."

•••
Xfactor said:
...I made and reged it myself,It is parked at fabulous.So it should show a page with content to google.
Does your new name already resolve to the faboulous site ?

Xfactor said:
What iam looking for is a tool that will tell me if a drop name i wanna pickup is banned from google ect??
This tool is OK for that kind of query.

•••
Yea the name resolves to my parked page.I think it may be possible that some of DNs have just recently been setup for parking.So it may read them as fresh sites.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't know Google banned sites...

•••
they ban them for illegal Search Engine Optimization techniques. Traffic Power Inc of Las Vegas had something like 3,000 customers banned earlier this year because they made doorway pages. They now do business as 1p.com. Google is trying really hard to fight basic SEO techniques...so much so that they are returning really really bad and irrelevant results for most searches. Right now Yahoo and MSN are better search-wise.

•••
creme said:
they ban them for illegal Search Engine Optimization techniques. Traffic Power Inc of Las Vegas had something like 3,000 customers banned earlier this year because they made doorway pages. They now do business as 1p.com. Google is trying really hard to fight basic SEO techniques...so much so that they are returning really really bad and irrelevant results for most searches. Right now Yahoo and MSN are better search-wise.

You know. I never understood what a doorway page was. i thought i did, but if I do, I see them all the time, especially on Google results. Anyone care to explain exactly what they are?

IMHO, I have always thought MSN and Yahoo! always had better search results. it depends what you're searching for, But out of the three, Google is #3 in my experience. I no longer have them as my browsers home page. i very rarely use Google anymore. Too many bad, irrelevent, and poor quality links in their results.

•••
Doorway pages are mainly just duplicate pages (Usually hundreds or thousands) pointing or redirecting to one particular page/site. They worked well in the late 1990's :guilty: (Not that I would Know) :red: - and are pretty much Shunned by the engines now a days .....

•••
creme said:

Very interesting,Thanks for the info,Mine are not SEO,They are parked on PPC sites.But it seems as bots hardly pay attention to meta tags anymore and focus more on site description and content.I agree with you who say you like yahoo better,I do too.IMO there are two corporate net big wigs that need some serious competetion,Google and Ebay.

•••
Xfactor said:
...... there are two corporate net big wigs that need some serious competetion,Google and Ebay.
I will take care of Ebay ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back