IT.COM

Google doesn't list expired domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I got bunch of domains some are expired and others newly created.

I have seen that google does not list your site if its an expired domain. Maybe its the dampening effect in play. I have expired domain as old as 3 month which haven't been listed whereas new domains which I got a month back got easily listed. My stat shows google bot have been on my site but it still isn't listed. Any clue any one?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you saying that a recently expired domain that regged picked up is not being listed? If so its possible that the previous owner used it for some seo tricks and was penalized/blacklisted, happened to me on more then once occasion. I'm not saying this is the case in your situation but its a possiblility.

•••
I've seen this happening as well a couple of times.

Just be patient and give it some time, and they will (may) appear in the SERPs again...
You could also try to mail google about it, and tell that the site is live again (with a new owner), it has actually worked for some.

•••
I definitely agree with redleg:
If one month after googlebots visit Google hasn't indexed your site, contact them and tell them that there is a new owner who detests stinky SEO practices!

Good luck, Xalex

•••
Thanks a lot.

I have seen this problem with most of my regd domain.
The totaly new ones (original domain) get indexed pertty quickly though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back