NameSilo

information Help contacting right person

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

urljunky

Top Member
Impact
I have "company name".com. they have "companyname"biomedical.com.
They also have different divisions
Companyname onsite solution and
Companyname healthcare group llc.
I did alot of research and found the company founder ceo on linkde. But not before they got bought by another company.
My question is who should I contact at company who would be incharge of or can get info to the right person in charge of purchasing domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have "company name".com. they have "companyname"biomedical.com.
They also have different divisions
Companyname onsite solution and
Companyname healthcare group llc.
I did alot of research and found the company founder ceo on linkde. But not before they got bought by another company.
My question is who should I contact at company who would be incharge of or can get info to the right person in charge of purchasing domain?

Trying to think rationally here. Most logical thing is to find and contact the new owners for the domain purchase. Now, because the acquisition does not necessarily involve change of management you wouldn't lose anything dropping the old founder a Linkedin email and asking him who can you turn to for the sale. I doubt that he will refuse some guidance, even if he is off the board.

•••
Trying to think rationally here. Most logical thing is to find and contact the new owners for the domain purchase. Now, because the acquisition does not necessarily involve change of management you wouldn't lose anything dropping the old founder a Linkedin email and asking him who can you turn to for the sale. I doubt that he will refuse some guidance, even if he is off the board.
Thanks, Rado_Ch. I will do that. He is not on the board anymore though, but it is worth a shot. What would be the title of a person that would have authority to present purchase of domain to the board?

•••
Thanks, Rado_Ch. I will do that. He is not on the board anymore though, but it is worth a shot. What would be the title of a person that would have authority to present purchase of domain to the board?

Аh, that would most likely depend on the company structure and how their teams are separated. If you cannot find contacts of the new owner you can just ask the old one about the acquisition - did they keep the structure,
is the person responsible for domains still with the company, such useful questions. The very least you can explain your case and he can provide you with any kind of contact of the new owner so you can take your questions there.

•••
if that company has a TM on their brand, by approaching them, you could be stepping in some do-do.

imo...

•••
if that company has a TM on their brand, by approaching them, you could be stepping in some do-do.

imo...
No TM issues. There is also a school in Austraila who uses "domainname"education.com.au. having same problem with them can't find right comtact person.

•••
I think this is an issue faced by many domainers who wish to send outreach emails to executives and CEO of companies. I have not yet been able to find contact information for the right people to discuss acquisitions with. Perhaps if someone reading this knows a method they could share....

•••
I think this is an issue faced by many domainers who wish to send outreach emails to executives and CEO of companies. I have not yet been able to find contact information for the right people to discuss acquisitions with. Perhaps if someone reading this knows a method they could share....
I do believe we all face this problem. I emailed the former founder and ceo both to his email listed in the who is and PM him on linkden, with no response. The company has been acquired by another corp., but his personal info is still in the who is info, but the same domain name with .net instead of .com has been registered with who is blocked.

•••
Ever think of sending an email to support or website form and simply request the owners email? Sometimes it actually works. CEOs/Marketing departments aren't the Wizard of Oz hiding out in some chambers.

"Hello my name is _____. I'd like to get in contact with (your marketing department, or the owner's full name) regarding an acquisition, how would I go about doing this? Thank you, Contact number, domain name"

I've had responses with the owner's email, owner's number, decision maker, or asking me for further details and that they'd forward the message, which is better than nothing. Most CEOs have folder specifically for solicitations and every now and then they go through them.

You confirmed you're not automated spam and built a rapport with the inquiry.

Last edited:
•••
Ever think of sending an email to support or website form and simply request the owners email? Sometimes it actually works. CEOs/Marketing departments aren't the Wizard of Oz hiding out in some chambers.

"Hello my name is _____. I'd like to get in contact with (your marketing department, or the owner's full name) regarding an acquisition, how would I go about doing this? Thank you, Contact number, domain name"

I've had responses with the owner's email, owner's number, decision maker, or asking me for further details and that they'd forward the message. If they say that and they don't forward your message, they're not doing their job and holding back information meant to be sent to the owner = No No.

You confirmed you're not automated spam and built a rapport with the inquiry.
Thanks Tomcarl,
I do believe this is the most straightforward approach. Going through the proper channels would give you more credibility. I think I was overthinking the whole thing and concentrating on only wanting to send emails to the top.
Thanks for the input.

•••
@urljunky: would you share the result here?

•••
@tomcarl I've used this method before when doing outbound for dental geo domains. Many dental offices have their web design companies listed as the whois, so it's an effective method to use the contact form (which will 99 percent reach the dental assistant) to get to the main decision maker- the dentist.

I almost always get at least 1 response this way in every outbound campaign, but it's not the preferred way. It's more of a last resort, relying on someone to help you pass a message.

•••

Try voilanorbert.com. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. If that fails, email-format.com just might save the day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back