Help: CSS code for a responsive site.

Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
Hi,

My name is 3D.

Anyway, I have been struggling over the past week or so trying to make a particular site responsive.

I've created css buttons and it works perfectly.

But I am having css issues with making the buttons, and the entire site, responsive, i.e. for users mobile devices.

I've inserted .container in the css section, but it aint doing nothing. Was hoping that this would limit the max width, and make the site responsive.

The resolution used is full screen. I have read various methods of making a site responsive, but many times the code is just wrong/missing. So I went experimenting... and it was fruitless to say the least.

Can anybody assist me please?

Thanks

161532_omg_wtf_cat_rubiks_cube.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It might be easier to just start over with a responsive theme, that you can then modify.

This WP one for example is made to be modified http://wordpress.org/themes/responsive

Setting widths as % rather than absolute values will get you partway there, but the other part is repositioning things for which you probably want to use media queries.

•••
Or instead of a responsive theme, start with a responsive framework:

Bootstrap
Foundation
Skeleton ...

As Carob said above, if you're going to do it yourself, start by making your widths percentages instead of absolute values, and use media queries to change layout for different screen dimensions. Excellent book - Responsive Web Design by Evan Marcotte. Good luck!

•••
Thanks guys.

I have had a look at the wp theme and twitter bootstrap, might give it a go should my attempts not be successful.

I've had some luck thus far with the buttons... was partially responsive, but then I messed around, and it was never the same again. :D

Rep'd for the response.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back