Dynadot

Help me pick a domain name for my dad's new blog (A Christmas present)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I don't know if this question is better suited for this forum or somewhere like "The Break Room" (so Mods, feel free to move it if you see fit) but anyway -

For Christmas I'm making my dad his first blog. Got him a Wordpress design all set up (temp hosted it on another one of my domains so he'll be able to see it on Christmas day) and even bought him a couple of books on the subject so he can really hit the ground running. The topic of the blog is going to be business consulting and strategic planning (his profession).

Anyway, I found the following domains are all available and my question is - coming from you guys who really know domains well, which one of the following do you think would be his best bet, in terms of branding, memorability, etc. etc. (Note: Please don't be a jackass and register the domain for yourself until after I've picked one, please. for the sake of Christmas and all that... once you help me pick one, the rest are totally up for grabs, though! Thanks)?

Anyway - my ideas:

• consultwizard.com
  • consultitect.com
  • consultloop.com
  • consultbuddy.com
  • consultflash.com
  • consultcircuit.com
  • consultport.com
  • consultspan.com
  • consultvine.com
  • consultmill.com
  • consultforge.com

Again, keep in mind that the blog will be about business consulting. Or, if you don't like any of these domains, do you know of an available domain you think is better?

Thanks so much for the help and happy holidays! :santa:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i sent you a pm :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Changeconsultant

Kind of like a consultwizard dot com.

Happy Holidays

Gurn

•••
add the ing

I would add the ing to some of those. It sounds better. If you were worried you could reg the non-ing and forward it to the ing version.

•••
•••
ConsultWizard.com is definitely a nice one ;) I would suggest using that one. I think it would make a very good domain.

•••
They all suck, but consultwizard sticks out the most.

•••
How about

BusinessConsultingJournal.com

Long three word, but describes the blog/journal and niche well.

•••
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone; I really appreciate it. I'm going to take all of the suggestions plus the list itself to my dad and let him decide, since it's ultimately up to him. But it sounds like consultwizard.com might be in the lead. Thanks again!

corgi said:
They all suck, but consultwizard sticks out the most.

if they all suck, Corgi, can you think of something better? Thanks

•••
"Wizard" for Business consulting & planning blog?
Spend some $ and buy better name from Namepro members.

•••
copper said:

Yeah. It's your dad dude, splurge. :D

( I did find KonWiz.com available. But it sucks as well. :sick: )

•••
copper said:

MicroGuy said:
Yeah. It's your dad dude, splurge. :D

Yeah, I'm totally willing to do this (I don't have a lot to spend but I'd listen to offers) if anyone has a domain they think would fit that they'd be willing to sell. PM me.

•••
•••
BizConsult
Bizconsultant
businessconsultant
business-consultant
(.com)

Try to avoid three word domains.

If you can manage to get a good name, for a good price - take it.
Otherwise just use a so and so name, that's hand reg. - and market it more, and well.

•••
corgi said:
BizConsult
Bizconsultant
businessconsultant
business-consultant
(.com)

I WISH these were still available. :lol: but thanks for the advice!

•••
LivingstonMedia said:
I WISH these were still available. :lol: but thanks for the advice!

I don't know how serious your dad is in this venture...is this a hobby, or a business, or what?

and to what extent, is his budget.

Contact the owners of whatever names you like, and see what offer they bounce back to you - then negotiate from there.

A good name can be worth it - because it's a good name.

•••
what kind of "business consulting" does he do? A more specific name would be easier to find and could make him seem more specialized.

•••
Hi

pm on its way

sundari.

•••
•••
creme said:
well, how did it go?

He LOVED the blog present but hasn't picked a domain name yet. Thanks for asking! And thanks again everyone for your thoughts and recommendations!

•••
Does it really matter what the name is as content will be king.

btw DadsNewBlog.com is available :gl:

Good luck and belated merry xmas dad. :wave:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back