Dynadot

Hosting Consolidation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Could Someone help me with my little problem? My boss wants me to take some websites that we already have and put them all under one (specialtygroup.net). We would still have the domains for the others, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a free or cheap way to redirect traffic from an already existing domain to the subdomain of another for free or very cheap.

Thanks in advance to all replys.

Clayton Hinton
Webmaster

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just keep hosting it or transfer it to godaddy.com and then have it redirect.

•••
Who is your registrar? Do they allow for domain forwarding? You should check that out. Good luck and I hope that I've been of some help.

•••
Yeah domain forwarding was what I was talking about earlier.

•••
GoDaddy's forwarding sucks tho. Namcecheaps is much better

•••
Talk to your webhost about using domain parking. Many hosts offer this service free. As others mentioned, your domain registrar may offer a type of domain forwarding service as well.

•••
If you have cpanel on your server, just go to parked domains and add them.

•••
Some hosting plans don't allow that even if you have cpanel.

•••
Originally posted by darksk8er
Some hosting plans don't allow that even if you have cpanel.

Most hosting plans allow for parking, subdomains and redirects.
However you will find most hosts limit them because they cause nothing but problems

Sounds like SpecialtyGroup.net is looking for server consolidation,

•••
If you have Cpanel, its easy

Btw, welcome to Namepros :)

•••
Thanks for all of your help. My host currently is hostsave.com. I attempted to contact them about this, but they said they will not redirect for me. I'll check into Godaddy and Namcecheaps to see if they would be helpful. Keep up the suggestions, and thanks for the warm welcome!

•••
If your not seeking too save any of the content on the domain names you plan too redirect too the "core" business site.. You might try www.MyDomain.com They offer free hosting, redirect, sub domains etc..

Goodluck!

•••
Namcecheaps... Did you mean Namecheap? Anyway that seems like a good site to go with. ^_^

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back