IT.COM

Hosting for a wallpaper website

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey
What is a good reliable and affordable hosting for a wallpaper hosting website?
I just need atleast 1gb space and alot of bandwidth so users can upload wallpapers and view them.

P.S Affordable = about 10$ a month?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a start up you may be able to go with a shared host. But as you say 'alot of bandwidth', at a point where you reach that situation you may need to think of a VPS. Any way I think for a start up , your budget is good.

•••
Matt above is wise. If you go for the VPS solution, it's worth trying to get something like nginx implemented (either your host or a third party admin could help). It can do wonders for serving static files, of which you'll have many.

•••
do you have any idea how large you expect the site to be? As you are going to allow your users to upload wallpapers; so 1 GB web space seems insufficient for you, because your website itself will eat some of web space. However, web hosts do have a lot of flexibility with their shared plans as a starting point, but it would be better to go with the VPS.

•••
Have you visited an offer section?

•••
CrocWeb - Fastest Canadian Reliable & Affordable LiteSpeed cPanel Hosting! (50% OFF!)

Hello unknowngiver, we think our following web hosting plan would best suit you:

Receive 50% OFF One-Time Discount! Limited Time Offer Only!
Promotional Code: halfcrocweb
»»»»»»
Egg Croc
»»»»»»

» RAID Protected Storage: 10 GB
» Premium Data Transfer: 100 GB
» Latest cPanel with Softaculous - LiteSpeed Web Server - PHP 5.2 & 5.3 - RVSiteBuilder Pro - Hourly R1Soft CDP Backups
» 24/7 Technical Support - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee - Free Migration

Starting at $2.95/Month including Free & Instant Setup!
More Info l Order Now

•••
I recommend hostgator for your case. However you need only 1GB disk space but its unlimited and has good support.

•••
Hey
What is a good reliable and affordable hosting for a wallpaper hosting website?
unknowngiver This hosting solution can cater your needs.
Price starting at $8.50 with 100 GB Disk Space , 1000 GB Bandwidth and RAID BACK UP system keeping your data save.

I just need atleast 1gb space and alot of bandwidth so users can upload wallpapers and view them.

Thanks

P.S Affordable = about 10$ a month?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back