NameSilo

Hostway

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Reviews and information for Hostway

Good company. Solid prices.

Only feature that they do not have, that I wish they did have, is "push" system.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cheap but slow and awkward CP - recommended

I have about 40 dns with them. The control panel is really slow. To change forwarding etc. Maybe its is more designed for hosting. But for just Domain registration and managing it is painful. However good service and the price is right. I hope that they make their domain controls faster. Especially to juggle between names in portfolio. HELLO HOSTWAY are you reading this!!!! NP just rocks!

•••
Review

i like hostway their support is good and it is very cheap.

•••
Hosting

For hosting they are simply one of the best

•••
Support is good?

The price is good undoubtedly. Remember it's a hosting company. If you are only a customer for domain registration, the support is very limit. I got a reply for help after 3-4 days. Domainsite is now my favourite.

•••
Great prices...but website needs a little work

Was looking for a bulk deal on domains. Friend recommended Hostway. Great prices. Got some .INFO domains at about a dollar and half. but the website is a little hard to navigate. took long time to find information on email packages

•••
Too slow with registration

I can't recommend Hostway for registering domains. They're prices are good but they are way too slow. I wanted to register a .info and Hostway's price on .infos is cheaper than what I can buy them for wholesale. I tried to register the .info and 10 hours later it was still unregistered. I finally registered it through myself and paid the extra and it went through immediately.

Later that day, 14 hours after I initially tried to register the domain, they sent me an email stating that the domain had been registered even though they had never actually regged it.

There is no reason why it should take 14 hours for them to register a domain when other places put registrations through immediately. If you discover a great domain you would be taking a big risk using Hostway. While you are waiting 14 hours for them to finally get around to regging it someone else could snap it up using a different registrar.

•••
Hostway are crap

I have over 200 domains with hostway , but I will not renew at $7.95 !
They completely cocked up the change over from domain locking to Auth Code, and it takes many emails to get the auth code which can then be wrong!

•••
No advanced DNS features for those who only register.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back