NameSilo

How long does it normally take to transfer a domain?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have submitted a transfer for a domain from DirectNIC.com to NameCheap.com and its been on "Queued for submission" for hours now, how long does it normally take?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If Register.com to Enom.com is any indication, I would say, generally, 48 - 72 hours until completion. One or two took just over 24 hours, and one or two took over 96 hours (4 days), but the rest were all within this "window". Don't worry about it until after 3 - 4 days, IMHO. Patience is a virtue. :)
Good Luck with your transfer(s).

•••
FYI: if a domain is registered less than 60 days, or has already expired, or is in the register-lock status, the registrar transfer could be blocked, so patiently wait for around a week as it involves several parties, if nothing happens, then you would need to contact the two registrars to check if there is any problem! Good luck!

•••
Originally posted by Leo
FYI: if a domain is registered less than 60 days, or has already expired, or is in the register-lock status, the registrar transfer could be blocked, so patiently wait for around a week as it involves several parties, if nothing happens, then you would need to contact the two registrars to check if there is any problem! Good luck!

The domain has been registered for more than 60 days and it doesn't expire for another 4 months, so I'm ok there :).

Ok Namecheap sent me an email for confirmation of the transfer a few hours ago and I've confirmed it so now it's just being put through.

•••
From my experience it can take up to a week.

My last transfer from dotster to namecheap took 4 days.

Eran

•••
Originally posted by Leo

Good point!
I just sold a domain name, and there was a mysterious "lock" on it by the current Registrar, and so the initial "pull" away was not successful. Called the Registrar, squared it away, had the buyer resubmit the "pull" request and Bingo! ... domain transfer was completed within 48 hours. :)

:kickass:

•••
Originally posted by DomainSack
From my experience it can take up to a week.

My last transfer from dotster to namecheap took 4 days.

Eran

This is where I'm headed, it's been 4 days so far.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back