Dynadot

discuss How many domains have sold through making an offer instead of BIN?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lavnary

Established Member
Impact
As the title asks, I would like to enquire if having a "make offer" option is always preferrable to just having an upfront cost.

If you have a make offer option, does it signal that the asking price is not worth the paper/screen its written on? Or does invite more interest that is close enough to the asking price?

Please can you state if you have sold a domain and if that was done through BIN or by the customer making an offer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think very high price are best make offer but the vast majority of names benefit from a BIN price. Several marketplaces have stated that a BIN price increases chance of sale.

•••
bin prices will probably most definitely get you few more sales per year.

but makeoffer could get you higher negotiated prices along the way.

which in terms of sale value could end up basically in same thing. or even benefit makeoffer.

don't forget for larger folios, across many markets, you will end up paying dearly with yoru time, to keep track of setting up all the bins and then ensuring thye are removed for expired names etc.. (or get banned from those markets if you do not)... and to some.. time is money too.

•••
I am more inclined to set BINs on lower-priced domains (up to 2K or something). And make offer for the higher caliber names.
So there is no dilemma. Use both options depending on the quality of the domain.

Last edited:
•••
Would anyone have both BIN and make offer on the same domain - especially if high value?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back