NameSilo

discuss How to approach a potential buyer, or not at all?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
I recently picked up a domain name based on an event.
It's for a UK gaming event which is usually held in London. They have no trademark on the name (from what I am aware) and they were using the domain name eventnamelondon.net.

They since announced that they are moving to a new city, Birmingham. I guess what I did was a bit douchey, but I reg'd eventnamebirmingham.com and eventnamebirmingham.net.

What would you recommend I do in this situation? Approach them for a sale, wait and hope they come to me or is there a chance of me getting in trouble with the law?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check for TMs first, make very sure on that

They will probably use the .co.uk

•••
Balls, it seems they registered a trademark recently for eventname. Grace delete time? :P

•••
Just need someone to backup my thoughts - should I get these deleted?

•••
It's probably not a good name if there is only one 'obvious' end user, and a TM on top of it.

•••
Talking to the registrar now :)

•••
Delete it, they can accuse it of duplicity and bad will. Delete this thread too :)

•••
I would say it's grace delete time. If they got a trademark on it then it probably isn't worth it.

•••
Registrar said it was out of the grace delete period of 48/72 hours, so I've taken it further to the legal department :)

•••
Just make sure there are no ads on it and you can probably just let it expire

•••
•••
Just make sure there are no ads on it and you can probably just let it expire
There's nothing on it at all, it just forwards to my website.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back