# Country Internet UsersLatest Data
1 United States 203,824,428
2 China 111,000,000
3 Japan 86,300,000
4 India 50,600,000
5 Germany 48,722,055

http://www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
did it improve or not? congrats for being top 4.

•••
This is great news. India is a country with a lot of potential, yet there are still people living there in great poverty. The internet will make way for high paying jobs for Indians, and will certainly help educate people who before couldn't afford an education.

•••
weblord said:
did it improve or not? congrats for being top 4.

Yes. It rapidly improved.

•••
while it is nice to see some asian countries move up the charts, one statistic has been ignored, which is mentioned on that page: Market Penetration.

Market penetration is the lowest for India (standing at a paltry 4.5%) and the third lowest for china amongst the top 20.

This means that there is a vast amount of untapped growth potential for these markets. I predict those absolute "number of users" figures for both india and china to explode over the next 10 years. They might very well be no. 2 and no. 1 respectively in the years to come, insofar as the number of heads are concerned. Of course, in terms of ecommerce transactions, the US will remain the no. 1 for the foreseeable future. But the difference even for this will keep getting smaller and smaller.

•••
excellent post sm.
I was going to say that as well.
one has to look at both market penetration and compare total population divided by internet users.
I dont have the stats in front of me, but I believe New Zelands and South Korea are in the top 2 spots.

•••
Good news for Indians but still lot to be done and yea SM you made an excellent point, but with big players gearing up and targeting towards penetration, I think it would not take much time to reach the top...

•••
What I expect to see is....India hitting the 200 million mark in 5-10 years...And unlike the earlier generations of Indians, the younger generation are spenders...You can expect 200-300 million people with some buying power and not afraid to show it...

•••
Those are fake stats! :p Where is Canada and UK? :(

•••
Well I'm not in the least bit surprised that India is up there. I mean..considering they're nearing a billion in population and also the fact that they work hard and are very intelligent (making the internet a good place to spend their time).

If 100% of Canadians used the internet... well... they'd still be at 33 million, not enough to be in the top 5 :P

•••
well if u truly look at the stats, check out who is number 1 at internet penetration, Australia at 68.4%, its all about the penetration :P

•••
Just a few more years--China will overtake the US and India could too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back