Domain Empire

.info .info domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raf

Established Member
Impact
I recently registered a domain name with a .info extension, I was quite surprised to find out that everything I did with the domain such as change name servers and etc changed instantly within an hour. Basically I was able to switch from many different name servers in just a couple of hours. I wanted to know if this was because I was having luck, or was it because it takes a shorter amount of time for .info's to propagate? :music:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The master database for .info does update very often, probably hourly or so. The master database for com/net at verisign only updates twice daily for right now. Supposedly VS has plans in the works to upgrade to update more often.

However, just because the site propagated for you quickly, doesn't necessarily mean the whole world sees it that quickly. A lot still depends on the update frequency of the routers at every ISP in the world as to how quickly their users see a change.

•••
.org/biz/info registry updates every 15 minutes or so (AFAIK), and almost few minutes after that you can start using your new domain.

•••
Originally posted by dax
.org/biz/info registry updates every 15 minutes or so (AFAIK), and almost few minutes after that you can start using your new domain.

Yep, I love that about these new extensions, and .org now too. .US is the same way as well. You can register a name and have a site active within the same hour.

•••
could that be to do with that there is probably much less of .info domains out there than .coms?

•••
It would depend really, it could maybe depend on the amount since obviously there are less .info's then .com's.

•••
I've experienced the same thing regarding my .info regs.

•••
Its pretty cool though how you can get so much done in one evening with such a quick propagation. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back