IT.COM

Is Escrow.com generally that slow?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact

(Screenshot above)

Even though I suggested the buyer to use undeveloped, he insisted to use Escrow.com and I had to agree. He was willing to pay the fees too and used the concierge mode. It took him 3-4 days to pay because of the weekend which was so far so good.

On 11 June I received an email from escrow.com that "we are ready to acquire the domain from you" with some guidelines and basically asking for AUTH codes.
I assume that it was an automated email. Assigned agent name was Angela.

Within minutes I unlocked the domain and replied to the email with the AUTH code.
Waited for 24 hours. Then resend them the auth code..
Waited another 24 hours then asked them through email if I was missing something.
Waited for another 2 days, reminded them that I have already sent auth codes.
On 5th day, I asked them again why the transaction has not moved forward.
On 7th day, even wrote a support ticket, which was though replied to, but all the action they took was to forward the query to the concierge (who has at the first place never replied to any of my emails).

Is it normal? or am I missing something? 9 days have passed and they have not even touched the transfer process.
Are they that bad?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
normally shouldn't take that long

but buyer switched payment method in middle of the game

that's unusual

imo...

•••
As Biggie said, I'd be suspicious about the move to Paypal as payment method.

•••
Hi,

Did the domain name actually move to Escrow.com? Can you verify you no longer have the domain name?

Regards,
DN

•••
normally shouldn't take that long

but buyer switched payment method in middle of the game

that's unusual

imo...
I guess he selected Wire payment so that he has to pay less fees. Then he found out wire to be complicated (or his bank charges too much) so he switched to paypal, nothing too suspicious here

As Biggie said, I'd be suspicious about the move to Paypal as payment method.
Since the buyer was eager to use Escrow.com, I would assume his intention is not wrong.

Moreover, Since Escrow.com has "Approved" the payment, shouldn't they move forward with next step of the transfer process.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

Did the domain name actually move to Escrow.com? Can you verify you no longer have the domain name?

Regards,
DN
Oh, you really missed my point.
Escrow never started the transfer proccess after I sent them the auth codes. Even after 9 days they have not started transfer.
I still hold the domain. That is the problem.

•••
Usually, they don't take this long.

Maybe @Jackson Elsegood will be able to help you.

•••
yeah, use payoneer escow instead. Its also cheaper

•••
yeah, use payoneer escow instead. Its also cheaper
I once insisted him to pay through Undeveloped and I would bear the fee, but then he stopped replying. Then he said only escrow and started the escrow transaction. Probably he had so much trust in Escrow.com only.

•••
Finally after 9 days of sleeping period, not only they replied to my support ticket (again) they also changed my agent, I received another email from him and they started the transfer.

I forced completed it the same day. So transfer is now complete. Now lets see how many days they take from here to realize that they have received the payment and take next steps.

•••
Next day they acknowledged receving the domain and same day transaction was completed.

I believe that unlike Afternic, they will be much faster to send the wire.

So, apart from that 9 days weird period of silence all other steps were completed much faster.
Thank you all for your inputs.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back