IT.COM

JS question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Josh

Account Closed
Impact
Is it possible to execute a PHP script via PHP code? Like echo or print or something?

Do you know any other way to launch popunders besides JS? Ie...using PHP?

Ok, Im asking ths because I know most forums, etc wont like JS code exectuted in sigs, etc. I want to get around it by using pgp somehow...anyone know how?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't execute a pop up with php.

•••
•••
Yea, that is using a linked thumbnail to show the popup SY4...I need something that can be embedded in a document that will load a popup OnLoad or something. But the content type is an image...

•••
PHP is a server side language, meaning it executes on the webserver and not the browser. HTML and Javascript are the client side languages that execute in the browser.

Now you can get PHP to send Javascript commands to the browser to do popup windows, but PHP alone could not create a popup.

However, I do know of a way that you might be able to create a popup without using Javascript. I'll PM you with the idea.

•••
When the file is called, it places the header info as an image. If we try to call the JS file before the headers are defined, it gives an error.

We are looking into a way to use PHP to somehow launch the file. Maybe when the file is called, it will activate another file on our server that wil then activate the popup/ popunder.

Do you think this will work?

Or does the file have to be called in order to activate the popunders?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back