Dynadot

new gTLD LatestNews.xyz sold for $100 (Not my domain)

Spaceship
Watch
This is still a modest price but it looks like a 2 word market in .xyz might be starting to emerge.

Great news, we just need more of these.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has it gotten that bad that a thread is started for a $100 sale? And that low $100 sale is some sign of an emerging market.

•••
good one jb! domaining certainly has gotten pretty pathetic as time goes on. after 10 years in domaining now is probably the worse its ever been for many reasons.
seems that vr is the only niche to be in

•••
Has it gotten that bad that a thread is started for a $100 sale? And that low $100 sale is some sign of an emerging market.

If two-word .xyz domain names start selling for $100+ at a rapid pace it will give a great return for large .xyz portfolios.

I am not expecting that to happen until there is news on par with the abc.xyz annoucement in 2015 but I am pleased to see that even in its (major news) absense, there are still lite sales hitting NameBio.com.

As I mentioned before, I am shifting my focus towards development. I was able to buy 100+ domains all different from one another but still related inside a broad niche. I think that is the best tactic, development 1st, sales 2nd. Especially with new GTLDs.

•••
This is still a modest price but it looks like a 2 word market in .xyz might be starting to emerge.

Not a major sale but a profit I'm sure. That's really all this is about and making a profit whether big or small. Thanks for sharing.

•••
what is the domain name by the way

•••
could you please let us know on which platform this was sold

•••
•••
•••
•••

One small step for a domainer; one giant leap for .xyz speculators. :D

•••
If a $100 .xyz sale is exciting, you may want to re-think your domaining strategy.

•••
no need to be negative guys/gals.. a sale is a sale.. if the name was purchase for $2 or even $10, 10x return is something to be excited about especially for newbies/beginners. :)

Nice sale, thanks for the report.

•••

We can make it happen!!!

Buy cutting-edge.xyz for $50 !!

:xf.grin:

•••
no need to be negative guys/gals.. a sale is a sale.. if the name was purchase for $2 or even $10, 10x return is something to be excited about especially for newbies/beginners. :)

Nice sale, thanks for the report.

It is getting more obvious that NP members like @JB Lions are ready to bash any form of happiness or success related to .xyz, and maybe all new GTLDs in general.

If they would have looked closer, I said this was a "modest" sale and I even underlined the word "might" to emphasize that this may or may not be the beginning of more two word sales in .xyz.

•••
LatestNews.xyz good keywords, $100 is low price.

•••
LatestNews.xyz good keywords, $100 is low price.

In order to classify LatestNews as "good keywords" you have to put it into the context of .xyz and their latest sales. I checked all of their sales back to March (2016) and this is only the second two word .xyz sale that was made public.

Assuming that it was bought for $1.00 on Namecheap they made 100x the money they invested in this single domain. Or to put it another way, the price appreciated 10,000% (for this specific domain). You can twist it in whatever way you want but this sale is a good thing for .xyz, even though it is modest.

NOTE:
The other two word domain that sold was WebPage.xyz which sold for $101 USD in May of 2016.

@JB Lions @namerav

•••
If a $100 .xyz sale is exciting, you may want to re-think your domaining strategy.

I never said a single $100.00 domain sale was exciting. But if we "get more of these" at a very rapid pace (i.e. 5 to 50 everyday) that would be "Great news". Even at a rate of $100 each for the lower quality ones.

I am waiting for liquidity which probably won't happen until there is news along the lines of the abc.xyz announcement that happened in 2015.

Placing a large bunch of domain names in the hands of domainers is a good strategy. It will ensure that reputable companies will be the actual end-users once there is a major announcement.

P.S. There are reputable companies using .xyz. Starship.xyz is a good example.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back