NameSilo

Lego land

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have registered a few lego land domains and was refused permission for two of them to list on Sedo, when I tried to list, a note saying that it violates German Copyright law flashed up.

The names I own are:

1.le#go#la#nd#u#k.com without #'s - refused permission on that one due to german law
2.le#go#lan#dtra#vel.c#o.u#k - was allowed to list that one no problem
3.le#go#lan#dh#otel.com - refused as it violated german law

I am not planning to tarnish the name in any way, what are your views on the legality of the names and what could they be used for legally? Could they be used for a genuine business venture?

Cheers,
Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The word lego is trademarked. If you try and profit from usign the name "Lego" they can most likley very easily take the domains from you.

If you use the domains on a non-profit bases im sure they wont mind you using them. Why dont you get in contact with lego and ask them if they will grant you permission to use the domains and tell them the way you want to use them.

But these domains do have TM issues and if your not careful you will see them taken away from you.

•••
Thanks for the information,

would they offer compensation if the take them?

•••
I woudnt have thought so unless they want to be nice. They could take you to court and get them for nothing and you would end up with legal costs as you would most likley lose.

•••
•••
•••
They would offer you REG FEE i do believe to retake your domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back