Dynadot

***mad.com sold today for $1K

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
Picked this up on the 14th, and closed through escrow.com today for $1000. Not to shabby for $8 and a few days work. Many more to come, my new plan seems to be working. But then again it could just have been luck, most of my other Domain speculating plans have all failed, only time will tell.

But this is the kind of luck I wish I had all the time. I will list the name next week when the Escrow.com check is cashed. Thanks for the help on this one RJ. Now it's time to call on Consolidated Pacific, tomorrows going to be an interesting day.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations, Don! I'm dying to know the domain name. :)

Yes, by all means ... go straight after that "CP" lead, and please keep up posted. For us mortals, this gives us encouragement.
Nice job.

•••
CoolHost, pm sent with some details.

•••
Originally posted by KingDon
CoolHost, pm sent with some details.

Received, thanks!
Keep up the good work, Don.
See you.

•••
Nice play.
I am happy for you and wish the same luck for all other members :)

•••
Congrats Don, I cant wait to see the name myself

•••
how did you get mad.com for 8$?

•••
Congrats, Don!

My registrar doesn't allow transfers before 60 days following the initial registration with them... :(
Is it possible to initiate transfer just few days after registration and where?

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
how did you get mad.com for 8$?

****mad.com - not mad.com. :)

•••
oh...haha. I thought something seemed off.
tehno: most registrars offer a free push to another accout on the same registrar. you can ownership within 60 days, just not registrar :P

•••
Originally posted by Tehno.org
Congrats, Don!

My registrar doesn't allow transfers before 60 days following the initial registration with them... :(
Is it possible to initiate transfer just few days after registration and where?

Yes, which Registrar are you using, Techno?
PS. Welcome aboard the mighty Namepros!! :D
Thanks.

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
tehno: most registrars offer a free push to another accout on the same registrar. you can ownership within 60 days, just not registrar :P

A-ha, mea culpa. Thanks for info.
Let's make some sale now. :$: :)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Yes, which Registrar are you using, Techno?

Small local reseller for TLDS, INC. DBA SRSPLUS

Originally posted by CoolHost.com
PS. Welcome aboard the mighty Namepros!! :D
Thanks.

Thank you. Great forum, BTW!
:kickass:

•••
never heard of SRSPLUS, sounded like a reseller of tucows from the name.

•••
Tucows' service is OPENSRS (www.opensrs.org).

SRSPLUS is somehow related with Network Solutions, i presume...

•••
congrads man $1000 for a $8 domain name not bad lol

•••
Yea I set them up an account and just pushed the name into it, then updated the registration info to reflect the new buyer, then gave them the passwords for the account. If you set up an account for a push, make sure to keep your e-mail address as the contact for the new account. Just in case you have a problem with the buyer paying you, you can get in and take back your domain from the account.

I also want to mention that Escrow.com is a great service, and they really do protect the seller, I highly recommend them over PayPal for any 4 figure transfers.

•••
well i don't think ill have over 4 figured tranfers any time but i hope i do ill keep that place in mind thanks man..... i think im going to start buying and selling domain names

•••
Don't make the mistake we all make, when we start. Don't buy a hundred names, and then try to start selling them. Pick 2 or 3 names you think you could find a buyer for, not names that sound cool, and then concentrate on selling them before you build a huge portfolio, good luck with your picks.

•••
he he k i will thanks for the tips man mabe one day i can make a 1000 buck sell :D

•••
Don, maybe you could share with us how you came into contact with the buyer. Who contacted who?

Your sale is a great example of the "right way" to do things. :)

•••
I'm working on this process right now, not ready to spill the beans yet. Just got another inquirery today for another one I put through my new process, this could be the secret none of the big boys talk about, but they all do. I think I stumbled onto something here, I know I haven't read about it anywhere, and it's so simple it makes me laugh.

As far as who contacted who, I contacted them like the many before, but this time I did something totally different, and now I'm starting to think it could make me rich, wish me luck!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back