Domain Empire

Major Rightside shareholder upset with focus on new TLDs

Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Shareholder asks company to fire 20% of staff, add update and unify company products under eNom.

Rightside (NASDAQ:NAME) investor J. Carlo Cannell, who owns 7.32% of outstanding shares through investment funds, has sent a scathing letter to Rightside about its strategy.

Cannell is upset with the “unrelenting propaganda” about new TLDs while he believes Rightside’s core business is being neglected.

The letter filed with SEC may be found here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"He wants Rightside to sell off “or even abandon” some of its weaker gTLDs, which “should not consume all the resources of our Company at the expense of the assets that are currently profitable”, while keeping “gems” such as .news."

That doesn't sound good when the people running the show are having doubts about their business model.
Scary!!!
They will have to abandon the gtlds that are not profitable. If a gtld is abandoned, all domain owners should be given a refund or stock shares. Maybe that would stop all the crappy worthless gtlds from coming to market.

"I am troubled by the pivot toward, and unrelenting propaganda about, new generic top-level domain names (“GTLDs”)."

These were some of the main points I took away from the articles I've read. I posted this in a gtld thread too. We need to keep an eye on what is going on with these guys or we will lose or shirts.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back