NameSilo

MMGR Rank and how to interpret it

Spaceship
Watch

NameWizard

Impact
Hello, I wanted to get a little advice on Majestic Millions rank. Is it good to simply be ranked on there, and are only one million domains ranked at one time? Would it be inherently valuable if it’s on the list, or how would you interpret that amongst other things? If I had a domain registered in 2003 that was like 58ux.com with a majestic millions rank of 870.000, what would I be looking at there? I don’t understand the meaning of the domain but it’s possible the number means something (it’s not 58). I want to know the meaning of MMGR and how it is calculated if you know :). If you can connect it to measuring value of a domain, understanding related history and what correlates with it, and just the meaning overall I would really appreciate it. I’m reading a lot but frankly I’m struggling to really understand the reality of it. I haven’t seen much besides saying it’s a ranking of domains and maybe it’s very good if you have a ranking. If you have any resources to connect all of the other factors in like a bigger picture and the science or math or business of it I would love that too. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, I wanted to get a little advice on Majestic Millions rank. Is it good to simply be ranked on there, and are only one million domains ranked at one time? Would it be inherently valuable if it’s on the list, or how would you interpret that amongst other things? If I had a domain registered in 2003 that was like 58ux.com with a majestic millions rank of 870.000, what would I be looking at there? I don’t understand the meaning of the domain but it’s possible the number means something (it’s not 58). I want to know the meaning of MMGR and how it is calculated if you know :). If you can connect it to measuring value of a domain, understanding related history and what correlates with it, and just the meaning overall I would really appreciate it. I’m reading a lot but frankly I’m struggling to really understand the reality of it. I haven’t seen much besides saying it’s a ranking of domains and maybe it’s very good if you have a ranking. If you have any resources to connect all of the other factors in like a bigger picture and the science or math or business of it I would love that too. Thanks!
The Majestic Million metric is just one of many to consider. The MM is a list of the top million domains as ranked by the number of links that point back to it. The expectation would be that the domain receives traffic because of these links. You could then run that domain through a tool like:

https://ahrefs.com/traffic-checker/

Which would give you another opinion on the sources and value of that traffic.

check https://archive.org to see what was there before and if there is any potential to monetize the traffic.

At the end of the day, one must answer questions like How much traffic? What country or countries does the traffic come from? What niche is the traffic in? and How much do advertisers pay for common keywords related to that niche?

There is no magic formula that can tell you a domain is worth X dollars because of where it ranks on MM. It is similar to metrics from the past like Alexa, Overture, listing in DMOZ, Google Page Rank, etc. It is just one metric of hundreds that could determine value. The domain name 58UX has no inherent value as a stand-alone domain name. The only value would come from traffic or authority which would make it useful in SEO or monetization.

If you could find a few of these available domains, you could register them and use a parking service to measure the traffic and sources and see whether this method is profitable.

Anyone who would buy a domain like this from you will want the answers to the questions above before they make an offer. SImply saying I have a domain that is ranked 874,923 in MM is not going to get anyone excited or determine a price. Many of the metrics can be gamed, so a domain could be ranked on MM and receive almost zero traffic.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back