NameSilo

My Outlook on Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Scientific growth is exponential, we're flying towards relying on technology and the internet every day. The gateway to the fulfillment of our desire is domain names.

Not only will type-in traffic always command a premium, the herding of the masses who daily rely on our sites even more offers us a great opportunity to profit. Don't waste your money on obscure names, focus on buying a few good ones and marketing it to end users or developing. The reseller flip never hurt anybody, but don't overspeculate.

For every 10 "great" names you find, register the best one. Buy with the mindset that you will return the name (Moniker) if needbe. Be frugal with your funds until you find that name you know you can work with. Learn, before you buy. Here at Namepros and all across the web there is more information than you can possibly ever process. If domains are truly a passion of yours, study, learn, try, want to suceed.

I lost hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying names that I shouldn't have, and not having the sense to return them. Overspeculating on names that I knew would never amount to more than a few dollars in profit, if that. Even if funds are limited, keep searching, do research, save for a decent name instead of wasting it on reg-fee regs.

Take risks, but be sensible. Learn from wherever you can. Believe that you can succeed, and put yourself into a position to do so.

Anyways, I don't know what prompted me to crunch this out for the last 10 minutes, but I hope it helps you out in some way, shape, or form. I will probably revise this at some point to make it more coherent / helpful.

Peter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I lost hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying names that I shouldn't have, and not having the sense to return them. Overspeculating on names that I knew would never amount to more than a few dollars in profit, if that. Even if funds are limited, keep searching, do research, save for a decent name instead of wasting it on reg-fee regs.

I've lost around total 2k on just going on a regfest... :td:
Learned now to buy lll.info, good keywords, etc.
Don't just buy random names like: azshun.com, sportzremix.com, etc.

Hey, I still tell myself, this is the same thing as playing stocks...
You win some, you lose some.
If you fail in the beginning, there's still a future... :red:

•••
Im lucky I only lost around 50 dollars on domains and make a LOT more in profits, so I guess I am the lucky case. I had a lot of help though and though.

good post, sorry been super busy. keep forgetting to check in here every day :td:

•••
•••
I think what you posted is right, you can also pick up on other peoples mistakes so you don't follow don't there track making a bad move, waiting, reading and making that first right move is always the best way to go about it.

•••
I'm realizing the money lies in:

Creativity
Holding
Flipping "liquid names"
Drops
Taking "smart" risks
Traffic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back