Dynadot

My WTF sale of the week

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have my names pointed to efty.com landing pages and BIN buttons redirect to escrow.com.

So I received email that somebody initiated the transaction ($2,995)

Woohoo I think.

Some back and forth with the buyer. She's from Colombia so at times I had to guess what she meant (crappy translation) but hey, it's $3k so suck it up.

She was not happy about the escrow fees ($188) - so against my better judgment I offered paypal (I did a little "background check" and she seems legit). And you can't do a charge back when sending payment as a gift to a friend so I thought I will risk it.

So anyway I see notification from Paypal - you have received $3 (2.55 after fees).

O_o

What? why would she pay $3?...

... .....

Wait wait waaait a minute!
Don't tell me she thought it's $2.99...

LOL :rolleyes:

I wasted 5 hours and stayed until 4 AM for $2.55 :rolleyes:
And she paid as a normal payment not a gift.

I refunded it and tried very hard not to say what I think about the whole clusterfuck.

Aaaghh :sick:

What about you guys.
Share your "people frustrate me" stories.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have my names pointed to efty.com landing pages and BIN buttons redirect to escrow.com.

So I received email that somebody initiated the transaction ($2,995)

Woohoo I think.

Some back and forth with the buyer. She's from Colombia so at times I had to guess what she meant (crappy translation) but hey, it's $3k so suck it up.

She was not happy about the escrow fees ($188) - so against my better judgment I offered paypal (I did a little "background check" and she seems legit). And you can't do a charge back when sending payment as a gift to a friend so I thought I will risk it.

So anyway I see notification from Paypal - you have received $3 (2.55 after fees).

O_o

What? why would she pay $3?...

... .....

Wait wait waaait a minute!
Don't tell me she thought it's $2.99...

LOL :rolleyes:

I wasted 5 hours and stayed until 4 AM for $2.55 :rolleyes:
And she paid as a normal payment not a gift.

I refunded it and tried very hard not to say what I think about the whole clusterf*ck.

Aaaghh :sick:

What about you guys.
Share your "people frustrate me" stories.
How do you re-direct to Escrow with Efty? Sorry you had to deal with a dolt.

*I see you just set BIN, forgot about that. Morning coffee...

Last edited:
•••
Sooo not only can't the US understand the metric system, it has to be special in another way and use commas in place of periods.

•••
I've had two recent inquiries

#1 offer to buy domain

Buyer asked if it was for sale, I said yes please make offer, buyer says they need a price because they don't know what to offer, I quote $3,000, they say their offer is $2,000, I agree and initiate escrow and never hear from them for 2 weeks. Then out of the blue they say they purchased another name but can still buy mine for $1100, lmfao

#2 owner let their name expire, they messaged me with a big speel and guilt trip about the name. We agree eventually on $960 price, then they say they can't pay it but want to trade services or goods (art work) to get their name back, uh no....

•••
Once you write the price like 120,000$ also translate it in words (one hundred twenty thousand dollar) We use that here in Dubai as a second confirmation in case any comma is misplaced/misunderstood on cheques or payments.

Last edited:
•••
Sooo not only can't the US understand the metric system, it has to be special in another way and use commas in place of periods.
Not only that, they also use this perverted date system with year/month/day. WUT? All the way around than in the normal world.

•••
I've owned Pure/anabolics(.)com for about two years and I still get requests for Steroids.
I owned once a domain dropped from a real legit Chinese pharma factory. Was getting tons of requests on some pharma components every month. But couldnt find a way to monetize it. Eventually sold to a SEO buyer.

•••
same happened to me on a smaller scale $199 and i got $1.99 paypal i refunded with an explanation then 2 months later got an email asking me where his domain was.. I explained, a month later guess what? His domain still isn't showing in his account. couple weeks later... Domain made it, thank you. (I never pushed the domain) :xf.confused:

•••
I'm from Belgium and if I would for example sell a domain for 3000 the correct way to display it would be
3.000 EUR and not 3,000 EUR (so we use a dot where Americans use a comma and vice versa). A comma is used for a decimal separator (for example 2,25 EUR). Most European countries write it like that.
this explain everything,

i usually prefer to not use any point or comma to avoid any misunderstanding,
3000$ everybody understand that

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back