IT.COM

.name/.fm Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raf

Established Member
Impact
I've looked around recently for services that offer .name domain extensions and I found they offer something like a 2nd Level, and 3rd level. What this this exactly mean though?

Also I was looking around for .fm domain extensions and I found that some services charge by how many characters you have like 3+, or 4+ characters. Why is such a domain name charged for how many characters you have?

If someone is able to answer this question I would really appreciate it, I'm just curious as to why some services do such a thing. :hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2nd level .name ===> smith.name
3rd level .name ===> john.smith.name (and jane.smith.name would be another registration)

.name started out offering only 3rd level registrations, and only this year allowed 2nd level.

As for .fm, you'll find that other cctlds also have unusual pricing. One example that comes to mind is .tv, where they have identified the premium and super-premium names, and require exorbitant amounts for such names.

•••
Ah thanks armstrong for your informative information.

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Raf
Ah thanks Anthony for your informative information.

Name's Apollo, Raf. %%-

•••
Whoops, I made a mistake. Didn't mean to armstrong. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back