NameSilo

Namejet VS Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

what is your experience, which one has more of end users than domainers? Which is better to get better results?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's kind of a tough one... My vote would go to Flippa, especially if the domain is developed (obviously NameJet doesn't have a "websites" section, though).. I've never sold through NameJet, but I can say there definitely are end users on Flippa, and they've probably gotten more public exposure.

•••
That's kind of a tough one... My vote would go to Flippa, especially if the domain is developed (obviously NameJet doesn't have a "websites" section, though).. I've never sold through NameJet, but I can say there definitely are end users on Flippa, and they've probably gotten more public exposure.
Thanks. But I am seeing names that couldn't garner much at flippa get a good price at namejet.

•••
It's hard to list domains for sale at NJ. They don't allow anyone to list like Flippa.

They should open up listing for everyone.

•••
not sure with everyone's experience here with Flippa, I've tried them several times to sell domains with no luck, paid even the premium showcase many times and no cigar... Just my experience with Flippa...

•••
not sure with everyone's experience here with Flippa, I've tried them several times to sell domains with no luck, paid even the premium showcase many times and no cigar... Just my experience with Flippa...
Able to share what those domains were?

•••
I would recommend flippa for now. At least I have sold one domain name with flippa. If you have a good domain name than every penny is worth with it. Time do matters in selling domain names. When you going to start and end domain name auction and many more.

•••
Able to share what those domains were?
sure....visacardoffers.com & pincreditcards.com
Albeit they weren't Top level domains, however no sales, as mentioned

•••
sure....visacardoffers.com & pincreditcards.com
Albeit they weren't Top level domains, however no sales, as mentioned
I wouldn't see these selling at Namejet, either - my opinion, but I want you to have a positive experience. Email [email protected] to discuss bringing more domains to the marketplace.

•••
Apple888 I won't think of buying those names myself. I think what you need to learn is how to acquire quality domain names like

Career Counsel, BestHomes.com, SuperDrone.com etc.

•••
Apple888 I won't think of buying those names myself. I think what you need to learn is how to acquire quality domain names like

Career Counsel, BestHomes.com, SuperDrone.com etc.
are those your domains...? if so where do have them for sale?.....

•••
are those your domains...? if so where do have them for sale?.....
Only careercounsel is mine... others were made up. Do You wanna buy? I could let you have CareerCounsel if your offer is right

•••
I'd say nj is better.
I sold names at nj that got no interest at flippa (basic listing, no upgrades)

•••
Only careercounsel is mine... others were made up. Do You wanna buy? I could let you have CareerCounsel if your offer is right
nope...I was just curious.... thx anyway bro

•••
It's very easy. Name that make good sense as phrase. Like in this post VeryEasy.com :xf.wink:

•••
It might be very easy but I sense that acquiring names like BestHomes will need 6 figures...

As for NJ vs Flippa.
NJ is a great platform and I think it performs much better than Flippa but as someone already mentioned listing on NJ is not so "automatic". If the names you want to sell are accepted by their team then you have to sign a contract, transfer names to enom etc etc.

Flippa..well..Flippa...
As someone once said "if the domain doesn't deserve a paid upgrade I don't buy it" = what is good there is their outreach (emails etc ) and being at the top of the page not the marketplace itself.
If you do not buy an upgrade then your domain get buried. Period.
With that said Flippa is good for some specific domain niches, not for all of them. It is also acceptably good to sell hot domains..but then they sell everywhere because they are hot.
I would say Flippa is good to sell websites, much less good for selling domains especially since they acquired DH.

•••
For brandable domain, if you use flippa with premium upgrade then it may bring luck otherwise nj.
Sometimes no reserve auction on flippa can brings more.

•••
Flippa is way better (IMO).

•••
How does one get their names accepted by NJ and what is the commission charged?

•••
Personally I do like Flippa, I feel their new look site is a massive improvement. I have invested $350 in my current premium listing so here's hoping!! Although a premium listing I do my share in directing potential bidders to my auction through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and emailing registrants of relevant domains from who.is records. Never sold on NJ but willing to give it a shot if no success this time round.

•••
Personally I do like Flippa, I feel their new look site is a massive improvement. I have invested $350 in my current premium listing so here's hoping!! Although a premium listing I do my share in directing potential bidders to my auction through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and emailing registrants of relevant domains from who.is records. Never sold on NJ but willing to give it a shot if no success this time round.
What's your domain? If it's an ultra premium listing I probably saw it. ;)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back