Domain Empire

status-review Namepros Lullaby

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all my respect to Namepros, I have to admit that in the past months it became a lullaby for noobs and indian domainers who open stupid threads in wrong forums, offer ridiculous priced domain in Wanted domains forum, and spam the chat and every member with low quality domains...

Eric, is this what you wanted for Namepros?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We move threads, delete spam, and ban repeat offenders. They're going to keep coming, because suddenly a lot of new people are interested in this industry. What would you rather we do?

•••
I have to admit that in the past months it became a lullaby for noobs and Indian domainers who open stupid threads in wrong forums

I agree with noobs but you cant just blame Indian domainers for spamming or posting in wrong thread. newbies are from all over the world, they can only be categories-ed as Newbies and not any specific country.

It takes time to settle in and understand the forum. I really dont think that on the first day you were the expert of the forum or the domain industry altogether.

If you really get annoyed just report it or stop visiting NP.

No offence.

•••
What would you rather we do?

Unfortunately, only financial barriers can stop the spam and low quality threads. An one time fee at the registrations, even a small one, can limit their number.

Plus to this, the closed comments on Wanted Forum made the forum look better. I've seen thread starters ask why people are posting "PM Sent", Conversation started, etc... Don't you think such posts just trash the thread?

I agree with noobs but you cant just blame Indian domainers for spamming or posting in wrong thread. newbies are from all over the world, they can only be categories-ed as Newbies and not any specific country.

It takes time to settle in and understand the forum. I really dont think that on the first day you were the expert of the forum or the domain industry altogether.

If you really get annoyed just report it or stop visiting NP.

No offence.

I'm not blaming all indian domainers, but from what I see the majority of spammers/noobs have indian names and photos.

•••
I'm not blaming all indian domainers, but from what I see the majority of spammers/noobs have indian names and photos.

Sadly i have to agree about spam mails i get for WebHosting and WebDevelopment , those mails are mostly from Indian domainers and business owners. But I also get spams regarding some programs and software to try on my domain from Non-Indian people.

I think spam and Newbies are part of the forum. Spam can be removed and Newbies can be educated.
Kicking newbies is like kicking the future buyers :)

•••
•••
Who the newcomers are doesn't really matter. Yes, there are a lot of new, inexperienced Indian and Chinese domainers at the moment because both of those markets have huge internet industries that are continuing to grow. Since those markets are so strong, it's probably worth looking into how you can capitalize on their growth. That's what these new domainers are doing.

We hope that there will always be newcomers. When the domaining industry stops growing, that's when we have a problem. NamePros has a lot of resources for domainers of all experience levels; it's a great place for them to get started. Yes, we're inevitably going to see some silly mistakes, and some people are going to refuse to learn--that's just the way the world is. Cutting off everyone because a minority never catches on won't help anyone. The people who don't learn are going to get frustrated and leave anyway.

As Eric pointed out, there are lot of areas on NamePros where you can go to collaborate with people who meet specific requirements. If you'd rather only do business with people who pay a monthly fee, we have a section for that.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back