IT.COM

.info New .info regs are just not climbing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
At 20k yesterday - 15k the day before - the second day there were 25k regs.

I've see this .info info distributed across non-speculator channels starting after the second day.

So this is an indication to me of how little the public recognizes .info.

It's being treated similarly to -- for example - if Toyota were to offer Toyota Magazine for free. That's the assumed worth.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dude are you saying toyota's suck???? My first truck was a 84 2 Ton Toyota Pickup which is quite the rarity.

•••
Yes although that was not my point - implicit in my post: TOYOTA SUCKS

•••
•••
Unregged! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :)

•••
•••
Lmao ~

:lol: Was thinking that a minute ago - He definitely has lots of issues ....

•••
•••
According to whois .... He's about to have more issues .....

•••
AAAARGH!

This is after someone registered lotsofissues.com for 5 years!

•••
;P.......I can delete domains from the registry but you sir I do not think... yet have that capability.

•••
NH-Benjamin said:
;P.......I can delete domains from the registry but you sir I do not think... yet have that capability.

You can delete domains ? Any interest to know how you have this power.

•••
•••
CommunityZ said:
You can delete domains ? Any interest to know how you have this power.

Contact the Registrar that the domain was registered through like eNom or Directi (not sure if GD/WWD will do it) and they will do it within a certain number of days (like 5). Direct access to the registry is something they do not share unless you are renting unused connections during the drop times and even then the connection is restricted.

•••
Here is how much people know about .INFO:

(ME) Paul "Steven, check this out **********.info";
(HIM) Steven "What is that?"
(ME) Paul "Its a link copy and past into your browser."
(HIM) Steven "Oh, good job not getting a real name. (SARCASTIC)"

•••
lotsofissues said:
At 20k yesterday - 15k the day before - the second day there were 25k regs.

Where are you getting these stats from, lots?

•••
armstrong said:
Where are you getting these stats from, lots?

Probably here:

http://www.whois.sc/internet-statistics/

Over 29,000 yesterday. I think they're usually a little over 1K a day, so there were likely 28,000 freebies or discounted .infos handed out yesterday.

•••
Not a bad jump. biz was running at 695 for the day so I am assuming they normally break 1000. Seems like the promo is working

•••
Then again, there's only a handful of "less popular" registrars offering the free deal and I haven't seen any mainstream press covering the giveway. It's likely not many people know about it!

•••
yep. i only got to know of these offers through forums and word of mouth

•••
-RJ- said:
Then again, there's only a handful of "less popular" registrars offering the free deal and I haven't seen any mainstream press covering the giveway. It's likely not many people know about it!

Exactly! Where is TechTV? They should be all over this special! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back