NameSilo

Paid Memberships?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I think itd be cool to have paid memberships here, for USD and NP$ :) Give peopel a different colored name, access to premium members chat room, and a forum just for them, from discussion and their own marketplace. Just an idea :D

Possible Upgrades/Features:
Username is shown as green and/or bolded
10% Discount In The Shop/Domain Registration
[email protected] Email
Premium Members Only Forum (Discussion, Free Resources, Marketplace)
Premium Members Only Chat Room

I would say $5/year (250NP$/year) would be decent - maybe a $20/Life (1000NP$/life) would be cool :) Help raise money for NP, and offer some incentive too :D I would definitly be getting this, should it be put on.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
RJ opened NP with the creed, NP will never charge its members.

I think we should keep it that way.

Cy

•••
Well I always thought one of the main perks of NamePros was the free membership. That was what set NamePros apart from the other domaining forums like DNF and such. Although your idea on keeping the prices low was not such a bad idea. I am sure many people would pay $5 a year to feel special. I guess it would be up to the staff and what the rest of the members want. I wouldn't see how it would be a problem as long as your not taking anything away from the way the forum is already. Perhaps you should start a poll to see what others think of the idea. Some people might be willing to pay a small fee a year just to have a fancy colored name and some extra perks. The member group could be "NamePros Supporter" or something like that to show that your making efforts to help financially support the forum. Maybe a donation feature would be a good idea? Donate a minimum of $5/yr. to show your support for the forum. Then if people want to donate more, then thats cool to. They will just get the satisfaction of knowing they contributed more. Of course the free memberships will stay and continue to enjoy the current wonderful benefits they already have. We are just talking about those who wish to donate to a great forum and get a few perks in return. :)

Last edited:
•••
I don't mean you HAVE to buy, I meant it is optional :P Just to show your support for NP :)

•••
I would consider having perhaps an ad-free theme for NP supporters, or something like that. Increased PM space maybe -- just extras like that. Like Ken was saying, we don't want NamePros to cost anything for forum access.

•••
Let me clarify one thing: I don't want to get paid for posting but it's just me :laugh:

•••
:hi:

I am in favor of doubling the #1 Namepros Fee© (but, of course it's a bit biased, as Emeritus™ I had been granted a free membership for LIFE)! :p :music: :talk:

Enjoy!
-Jeff B-)

•••
-RJ- said:
I would consider having perhaps an ad-free theme for NP supporters, or something like that. Increased PM space maybe -- just extras like that. Like Ken was saying, we don't want NamePros to cost anything for forum access.

Yeah, thats what I had in mind when he mentioned paid membership. It would be mainly for those who want to donate to the forum to help pay the bills with a few small perks in return as a thank you. :)

•••
All I do know for sure is I love NP, and I want more of a way to show it :)

•••
I think I saw something like NP Admin fund in NP Store.

People can donate their NP's there :)

•••
•••
Jeff said:
:hi:

I am in favor of doubling the #1 Namepros Fee© (but, of course it's a bit biased, as Emeritus™ I had been granted a free membership for LIFE)! :p :music: :talk:

Enjoy!
-Jeff B-)
I second that... double the fee from $0 to $00 :bingo:

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
I second that... double the fee from $0 to $00 :bingo:
Well, hell, let's triple it.

•••
Morph said:
ad free template :tu:

Im with you bud. Ad free template sounds good. :)

Donating to NP would be so much more fun if we get a thank you gift in return. The donation rate would go up big time im sure.

Cyberian thinks we are trying to change this to a fee forum but we arent. All the benefits of being a free member would continue. I am just talking about those who OPTIONALLY want to donate to the forum. Im sure many people would love to donate $5 a year or so just to help out the forum. The only benefit we would get in return is more PM space or a colored username or maybe a ad free template. These are some nice little thank you gifts that members should get for being supportive. Its like Public Broadcasting. Nobody HAS to pay for it. But if you do make a friendly contribution, then they will give you a free dvd of a concert or 5% off your local restaurant. These small OPTIONAL contributions go a long way and may buy NamePros a super cool server or a better connection line which will in the end also benefit us.

All members will still get the same level of service. There wouldnt be any forum restrictions, no chat restrictions, nothing. Just a small thank you gift for your contribution of any amount $5 or more.

Last edited:
•••
-RJ- said:
....., we don't want NamePros to cost anything for forum access.
For that I like namepros.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back