NameSilo

domains .Paris now open for registrations

Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like their analogy on nTLD's:
Looking for a typically Parisian address at an affordable price? .paris is the new Parisian top-level domain (TLD) which provides the same function as .com or .fr in a website’s address.
I'm sure it's much easier for people to understand now.

We now have pTLD's for sale.

Jokes aside, even though Paris has a little over 1/4th the population that of New York City and not much less than Berlin, I believe that that they should have followed in the footsteps of .NYC with restrictions.

In fact, all specific geo's should choose to be restricted (as opposed to handing out domains like candy). There's definitely a way around it, with a trustee obviously, but it makes it trickier to register. By then, the name could have been hand registered by a local.

This would give people in the area to compete in their own geographical market for international internet namespace without domain speculators entering, catching the goodies and selling them back at a higher rate. This almost creates a disturbance as money which was once in that region, could now be abroad, instead of helping the nTLD's region with social responsibility by the registry.

•••
thanks for info, I've got couple decent ones today...

•••
•••
Soon we'll have .rivegauche, .rivedroite, .notredame, and .pigalle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back