Domain Empire

Payin more

Spaceship
Watch
my deabte is still between the cost of a dedicated IP vs dynamic for hosting my website.
question is :

how does dynamic IP and dedicated IP affect a website.? does it make any difference to the traffic? would a dedicated IP bring more traffic to ones site?

since i am on a budget....

:gn:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Re: payin more

how does dynamic IP and dedicated IP affect a website.?

what you are actually referring to is not dynamic IP but "virtual IP" which means that many websites will use the same IP but the web server (apache in most cases) will serve up the proper pages to the requests.

does it make any difference to the traffic? would a dedicated IP bring more traffic to ones site? No and No.

Some of the things to consider. Will you need a certificate? In most cases this requires a static IP. What about reverse DNS? Will need a static IP.

•••
I don't see the point unless you need SSL.

•••
I have a static IP on one of my hosting reseller servers. ANyone does a look up and it says that is the only domain on that server. With a virtual IP you do a lookup and some servers had a 1000 sites residing on a server.

•••
•••
Originally posted by redhippo
i dont need an ssl!
I wouldn't pay the extra then.

•••
Originally posted by acts837
I wouldn't pay the extra then.

I completely agree.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back