Dynadot

People don't know I exist?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
Hi. I have mentioned this in various others of my posts, but I thought that if I devoted a whole thread to it then I might get better intrest....

I have a webdesign site (www.poordoggie.com - btw I am making it better, but I am working on my dad's surgery's website and I don't have the time) and I have a forum for teenagers (www.poordoggie.com/ttalk or www.ttalk.tk)

Neither get any traffic. I was wondering how I would go about getting people to these sites (esp. poordoggie.com)? Could someone please help me. As I am only 14 yrs old I really can't splash out on advertising, is there any way that I can get easy traffic to my site?

Or even better, would people please tell me how they got traffic to their sites? I have looked about on this teen zone forum and I have seen loads of people who are earning loads, and I want to know how they get people to their sites. I have been trying since I was about 12/13 and I just cant. Hopefully doing my dad's website may gather some interest.

Thanks a lot :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're 14? Damn it, now I'm the 3rd youngest person on this forum. I'm loosing my ranking too fast.

Well you might get more members if you fixxed this error:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in e:\domains\p\poordoggie.com\user\htdocs\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in e:\domains\p\poordoggie.com\user\htdocs\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in e:\domains\p\poordoggie.com\user\htdocs\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

Well after that try like a site ring of something, maybe try buying advirtising for NP. I'm interested in what other ideas people have.

•••
Hi. That mysql warning keeps appearing. I think its my host, I want to switch. I use onedollarhost(.net) and they don't reply to my emails and they don't fix errors.

Does anyone have any hosting reccomendations?

I don't have much money, and I don't want to spend too much on advertising at the moment. Mainly because I don't want to pay for advertising that won't work!

Thanks a lot. BTW: Am I now the second youngest here? Woo Hoo!!!

•••
Yep, just a few weeks ago I was the #1, now look, a pathetic #3. Yep you're #2.

Well I would try out supremacyhosting.com, why, because I want to know how they are and don't want to risk it.

•••
Qwert said:
You're 14? Damn it, now I'm the 3rd youngest person on this forum. I'm loosing my ranking too fast.

Hay im 13 what about me LOL :lol:

•••
Excel9 said:
Hay im 13 what about me LOL :lol:

You're #1, you're the one who stole my spot.

•••
cOoL im the black sheep of the family :) =P

•••
hey - excel9 do you acctually make any money? Also how many ppl do you get to ur site?

BTW: Sorry qwert... how old were you when you joined? You were youngest then. you should savour that moment. All good things come to an end! :)

•••
PoorDoggie said:
hey - excel9 do you acctually make any money? Also how many ppl do you get to ur site?

BTW: Sorry qwert... how old were you when you joined? You were youngest then. you should savour that moment. All good things come to an end! :)

I was 14 when I joined, and I think at that point I was the youngest. Atleast the youngest that ever posted.

•••
:( I feel for you... you'll get over it!

•••
I got traffic to Gamedose.com by word of mouth. I told my friends at school about it, and then it just grew.

Make sure you have a link to your site in your signature on every forum you frequent. Tell your friends about the site and tell them often. If they don't know about it yet, don't tell them that its run by you. Make it seem like its just a cool site you found out about. They will be more likely to check it out and stay if they don't think you're just trying to please yourself.

•••
Kodeking said:
I got traffic to Gamedose.com by word of mouth. I told my friends at school about it, and then it just grew.

Make sure you have a link to your site in your signature on every forum you frequent. Tell your friends about the site and tell them often. If they don't know about it yet, don't tell them that its run by you. Make it seem like its just a cool site you found out about. They will be more likely to check it out and stay if they don't think you're just trying to please yourself.

You are right. Before I set up my business I had a fun animation site and my friends [still] say its cr*p. I don't know why but however good you make your site, your friends will allways take the mickey!

•••
Kodeking mind if i ask you a few things about your site? Im trying to set up a gaming site and cant work out what to do for content. im trying to track down a cheat database, have a forum and have some people doing some reviews of things. Mind if i ask where you got your games and some stats on your site???

If not thats understandable, theres no reason to help a competivie site.

QBert

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back