NameSilo

ProtectFly is now free for life!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just got this email...

ProtectFly is now free for life!
Buy a name get Whois Protection for free!

Did you know over 550,000 ProtectFly's have been sold? The Protectfly service has become one of the largest and most trusted whois protection services on the net. We are now offering this great service for free. Protectfly keeps spammers and telemarketers at bay. There is no limit to the number of ProtectFly units you purchase. When you search for a name and add it to a cart you will be prompted for whether or not you wish to include Privacy Protection. If you select YES we will automatically add a free ProtectFly for each domain name you are purchasing.

Some services may offer Whois Protection for the first year, the ProtectFly Service is now available at no cost for the entire time your name is active with RegisterFly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that is very interesting (and useful to me).
I hope other registrars follow this, as I do not have a preference for regfly.

•••
Oh this is not good. Now everyone is going to be using whois protection.

•••
I doubt 'everyone' will use it just from regfly...

also, if someone wants it, why is it bad???
in some domains, I want to be anonymous. It is my choice, and it is for reasons that I know and prefer.

•••
Well yeah obviously not everyone, but a lot more people will use it now it's available free.

And I agree that very occasionally there is good reason to be anonymous. But it's bad because the whole point is that if you want to contact the owner of domain, you can find their details on whois.

It voids the entire point of having a whois database if everyone is using fake details.

•••
ok...
let me give you a hint.
you know that awkward looking email at protected emails (which are NOT fake BTW), you know, the long looking ones?
Well guess what?
If you send an email there, it goes to the registrant.
in other words, u can still contact them, they just remain anonymous, and If they feel like it, they can reply.

whois guards are NOT fake whois. It is like using a PO BOX.
u get the mail, but u have the *right* to have your privacy...

•••
No, they are fake. Because the details listed on the whois reports are not the details of the owner of the domain.

you know that awkward looking email at protected emails (which are NOT fake BTW), you know, the long looking ones?
Well guess what?
If you send an email there, it goes to the registrant.

There I will admit I was un-informed. I've never seen that before, I'm guessing it's more common now. All the problems I have run in to in the past have been from whois protection which doesn't have that feature.

•••
NameCheap.com offers the same service. They been offering the same service for a long time now.

•••
NameCheap is free for a YEAR. RegisterFly is free for as long as you have the domain with them....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back