Domain Empire

Question about IDN

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I want to register an IDN - for example "dfdłłłł.com"

The code(or real name) of the domain is xn--dfd-jwaaaa.com

Now, what happens if I just register xn--dfd-jwaaaa.com ? Will it be the same as dfdłłłł.com ?

I'm asking because it costs $30 to register an IDN. So, I was thinking if I could just register the code-name for an IDN at godaddy for $7. Would this work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regarding the registration of the "coded" domain, i dont know wether, that will work or not. it should but i am not sure, If anything go to Outstanding.com, and register the IDN version. its much cheaper.

•••
JohnZ said:
I want to register an IDN - for example "dfdłłłł.com"

The code(or real name) of the domain is xn--dfd-jwaaaa.com

Now, what happens if I just register xn--dfd-jwaaaa.com ? Will it be the same as dfdłłłł.com ?

I'm asking because it costs $30 to register an IDN. So, I was thinking if I could just register the code-name for an IDN at godaddy for $7. Would this work?
NO, you must go to an IDN registrar - domainsite.com -$7.99, idotz.net - $8.75

•••
Yeah i also recommend DomainSite.com thats what i use for IDN domains alot cheaper and easier to use

•••
eNom supports IDN registrations too

eNom also supports IDN (International Domain Name)registrations.

As for your earlier question about registering an IDN with a registrar that does not natively support IDN registrations... the problem you will run into is missing the domains extended attributes that are required by the registry during registration. For example for the .COM TLD, the registrar is required to provide the language encoding type (3 character abbreviation) for the domain, since other possible variants are also held in reserve (i.e. Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, or Japanese) by the registry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back