IT.COM

Question about number domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been seeing the recent craziness for number domains, and I don't totally understand it. Could someone explain.. I actually have two domains which get a large amount of traffic from Asia, and that might explain why..

pp7.us
av22.info

I really have no idea why they get so much traffic. they were just auction pickups based on traffic.

Thanks

Rob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure the Asian folk would be typing in a .us domain ? These are extensions to avoid if you really wish to make money, Dot Com all the way ,,,,, even if longer

•••
Greetings,

TTBOMK, the Chinese and other Asian cultures consider the numbers very important for spirituality and good and bad fortune etc..

A string of numbers could spell out good or bad wishes etc.. "8"s being the best. You can ggle it, I did and found it interesting. You learn something new everyday. ;)

The thing is, as many run out and buy these numbers without this knowledge, they might potentially buy something that would insult someone or be bad luck and not be able to sell high. Anything is possible when you're dealing with culture.

Hope this helps and that I am at least partially correct.

Regards,

WPM

•••
•••
•••
A statement of course ...... that could be one reason he is getting visits or he is just posting the names here in the hope we look ..... it happens all the time

•••
Well it's a good thing I didn't. :)

I'm gonna keep that in mind next time I see names with such quality. ;)

•••
Meh, I am not trying to get traffic, I just really have no idea what to do with these domains. I was making 50-60$ a day from adsense when I first got them, now I am down to about 1-2$/Day.

Honestly I just have no clue how to market them to sell or really what the heck to do with them. As long as they are covering hosting costs I might just ride out the CPC.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back