Domain Empire

.co Questions about my .co domain.

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1. I was able to get name.com.co on September 23. However, name.co, .net.co, and .nom.co are available according to whois.sc, yet they can't be registered. If they were blacklisted, why was I able to get .com.co?
2. I got a click on SEDO, but got zero cents from it. What gives?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
name.co, .net.co, and .nom.co are available according to whois.sc

name.co is taken.
I'm not sure why name.net.co and name.nom.co aren't showing whois results.

•••
even with a nice domain like "name" I would stay away from .com.co and ESPECIALLY .net.co & .nom.co

•••
The .co registry is holding many good .co domains. So this domain is without whois result but you can not register it.

•••
I think name.com.co is a good registration. You have one of the best possible English keywords there. Name.co will not be available to anyone except for what I would guess would be in the low $xxxxxx area. It will be sold from the .co registry directly to an end-user.

•••
1. I was able to get name.com.co on September 23.

As others have stated the other names you mentioned are reserved. Your best move will be to avoid .COM.CO and .CO. Just delete the "name" name and steer completely clear of anything ending in .CO in the future. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
If you are going to invest time, money and effort in a ccTLD, choose wisely. .co is an up and comer and worth registering keywords, geos, Spanish keywords, NNN.co and LLL.co that have high search volume or are catchey.

Name.com.co is OK because it is such a common term. However, there are few English keywords to be registered in that extension.

•••
Name.co will not be available to anyone except for what I would guess would be in the low $xxxxxx area.

More like low to mid $xxxx.

Keyword prices have begun to plunge now that the initial domainer frenzy has waned. It seems one individual was paying all those outrageous prices for .co's in the first half of this year. That seems to be over now. Some nnn and lll might do ok, but given the confusion with .com, end-user demand for keywords is rather limited.

•••
I disagree. You have to remember this is a name being sold DIRECTLY from the .co registry. It is not on the open market. I can assure you, they will not sell it for less than $XXXXXX. Currently, they are not selling one letter .co for less than $1,500,000. Why should they sell an all-time great keyword like name.co for less than $XXXXXX?

Where have you been seeing that .co prices are plummetting? How can they plummet when they are on the rise?:hehe: That's quite a glib comment you make. Substantiation?

BTW, you can't compare anything to Landrush prices. These are always bought by people who want to MAKE SURE they get the keywords they really want. That's clear.

More like low to mid $xxxx.

Keyword prices have begun to plunge now that the initial domainer frenzy has waned. It seems one individual was paying all those outrageous prices for .co's in the first half of this year. That seems to be over now. Some nnn and lll might do ok, but given the confusion with .com, end-user demand for keywords is rather limited.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back