Dynadot

discuss Rapture soon ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does anyone believe the Rapture of Christians will be in the next few years ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When the Rapture comes, it will not just be Christians.

•••
maybe after the 5L chip buyout

•••
Nah, it will be when there are no more domains left to reg.
Only domains being sold to others who will sell them, so forth until someone says:
Time for the Rapture!

•••
Do I believe in some biblical apocalypse? No! Do I believe that we will screw the planet with our careless treatment of its precious resources? Most definitely.

I think it will be more a case of rupture rather than rapture.

•••
CNN said it may be Friday next week?

•••
One thing is for sure, Jesus Himself said that you must be born again to go to heaven....

•••
No one knows the exact date and time, except the Father. Only thing is that we need to be prepared as it happens in the nick of time.

•••
With respect, the Rapture is highly unscriptural, sensationalistic and escapist hype. It has it's roots in anti-Catholic musings by Evangelical "scholars" of the 1900's and has no founding amongst any views of the writings of the Apostles, Church Fathers or even the Reformists for that matter. So to answer your question no.

For the more widely accepted Eschatological predictions, I expect one ought to look at those steeped in greater history and tradition rather than base ones hope in the salvation of a chosen select- a scenario with little credibility in the big scheme of things.

DI

•••
It is not what you believe.
It is what you know.
And only if the "you" concept has to be invoked.

•••
•••
There is a website called raptureready.com that defends the pre-trib Rapture a lot better than I could. ....

•••
One thing is for sure, Jesus Himself said that you must be born again to go to heaven....

Which Jesus? Jesus Himself? Is he related to Raab Himself?

•••
I need to assume then what you mean by Scripture is that it is not Bible but something else.
I am not sure how you can make that assumption given the context of the rest of my post...? I think it is implicit that the implication is that the Rapture is a belief followed by a number of Protestant denominations whose interpretations derive from a fundamentalist reading of verses including those from Thessalonians, Revelations etc.

There are many questions that may be raised in response, an example being "what of the fate of the illiterates of the world?" etc.

There is a website called raptureready.com that defends the pre-trib Rapture a lot better than I could. ....

What are your views on James White, out of interest?

DI

•••
Rapture is a belief followed by a number of Protestant denominations whose interpretations derive from a fundamentalist reading of verses including those from Thessalonians, Revelations etc.
Correct. But why only protestant denominations? It should be believed by everyone who follows The Bible.

The Bible is the same for everyone, be it protestants, the catholics, the evangelicals, the muslim converts, the Hindu converts - it is the same. Yes, in the Catholic bible there are few chapters added called the Apocrypa. Else, it is universal.

So, I am confused why you are saying "a section of" Christians. Those who don't believe in the rapture, can't be Christians. It is an essential ingredient of Christian faith.

Last edited:
•••
"what of the fate of the illiterates of the world?" etc.
Part of divine plan, supernatural. There is nothing impossible for God. You might have heard about the Gospel reaching to even the cannibals.

•••
•••
Correct. But why only protestant denominations? It should be believed by everyone who follows The Bible.

The Bible is the same for everyone, be it protestants, the catholics, the evangelicals, the muslim converts, the Hindu converts - it is the same. Yes, in the Catholic bible there are few chapters added called the Apocrypa. Else, it is universal.

So, I am confused why you are saying "a section of" Christians. Those who don't believe in the rapture, can't be Christians. It is an essential ingredient of Christian faith.

I was making the point that this theory originated with the Evangelical Christians of the 1900's.

Correction- during the Reformation, Martin Luther removed books from the Bible, given to Christians by the Catholic Church.

I don't believe in the Rapture, like many other Christians. Your comment re it being an essential ingredient is subjective. What is objective is the fact that this belief (which in itself is essentially not new and takes it's roots in predestination) is one which has been debunked times before. But I do respect your opinion- we are all free to believe that which we wish.

Part of divine plan, supernatural. There is nothing impossible for God. You might have heard about the Gospel reaching to even the cannibals.

Agreed re nothing is impossible for God. Re your admission that it is seemingly simply a minor issue that fundamentalism doesn't lend well to the Christian faith being universal- we can see how many denominations of the Christian faith have their own individual and nuanced opinions on key issues, still evolving daily. These issues are then downplayed for the sake of maintaining some remnants of unity, at the expense of a lack of coherence. This bears its roots in moral relativism and a rejection of any notion of objective truth.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back