Domain Empire

Recon.com Scouts Out #1 Spot on New DNJ Sales Chart & .Info Scores Again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It's Tuesday and that means the new weekly domain sales chart is out at Domain Name Journal. This week's Top Ten is headed by Recon.com which went for $12,000 at Afternic. But that's only half the story from that auction house (you'll see what I mean when you read the article).

It was a big week for .com as the king nailed down 8 of the Top Ten spots. Only .DE and .INFO were able to crash the party. Reason.info gave the new extension it's third appearance in the Top Ten in four weeks. .INFO's also swept the New TLD chart but there was a big fall off in prices after the $3,000+ collected for Reason.info.

You can see all of the details here:

DNJ Weekly Domain Sales Report

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems like a smaller week. Recon.com is cool.

•••
I don't know what the deal is on these .info names. I think theres some kind of conspiracy. I hear they go for big bucks but honestly I have not seen them move so much. Could this be some type of marketing hype?

•••
I think they are just starting to catch on. It is a great extension that makes perfect sense in virtually every language. I have many acquaintences who have made four figure sales (they were lucky enough to have gotten in on the landrush). I have started investing in a significant number of them myself. Yesterday alone I collected over $1,000 in .info sales from a list posted here and on two other forums. Latest one I saw go retail was HiltonHeadIsland.info on Afternic for $600 this week.

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Duke
I think they are just starting to catch on. It is a great extension that makes perfect sense in virtually every language. I have many acquaintences who have made four figure sales (they were lucky enough to have gotten in on the landrush). I have started investing in a significant number of them myself. Yesterday alone I collected over $1,000 in .info sales from a list posted here and on two other forums. Latest one I saw go retail was HiltonHeadIsland.info on Afternic for $600 this week.

Seems good I think ill go pick up a few to try it out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back