Domain Empire

Repaving the Parking Lot: Have Domain Developers Won the Debate?

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The April Cover Story is out at DNJournal.com. For years now domainers have debated whether it is better to try to unlock the full potential of domains through development or just avoid the hassle and park the names with a good pay per click provider. Suddenly the pendulum seems to have swung in the developer's direction and that shift is giving birth to new companies and spawning change that is sweeping even the PPC company parking lots. We talked with top executives from two parking companies that are making their landing pages look more like web sites, interviewed a pair of do it yourself domain developers and explored other development options including outsourcing, offshoring and partnering with development services that have formed to serve this rapidly emerging market.

Repaving the Parking Lot: Have Domain Developers Won the Debate?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Duke,

Another life-altering article from DNJournal. Great research and reporting.

•••
Good read sir. I have been saying for years that development is where it's at. My personal belief is that parking pages are ruining the web for surfers.

•••
That was a great article Duke, although i'm surprised you didn't give 1plus.net a mention yet.

:)

•••
We talked with top executives from two parking companies

Wish more would consider going this route, it would make a more competitive market as the companies may even turn to some of the developers for help in exchange for there PPC services. :tu:

•••
interesting

I think this will lead to an increase in domain prices, epecially generic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back