Watch
Just got this in my email:
https://sedo.com/us/services/domain-transfer-service/escrow-service-order/

Email reads:

If you close deals outside of Sedo and want to

• Customize your own individual agreements
  • Save on Transfer Service Fees
  • Use a trusted intermediary to hold the funds
Then our Escrow Service, powered by Escrow Domains, is exactly what you need for successful domaining.

Thanks to our standardized purchase agreement and personalized assistance from our Transfer Experts, domain transfers from purchases made on our marketplace have always been the simplest and safest way to close domain deals.

But if you wish to take care of the technical transfer yourself and want a trusted intermediary to hold the funds until the agreement is fulfilled, you can profit greatly from our Domain Escrow Service with fees as low as 0.89%.

Learn more on our Domain Escrow Service now and best of luck closing lots of deals!

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
3.25% + 3% + 2.9% = 9.15% escrow fees

note that -normally- it shouldn't be that much. Paypal's fee should be on the amount that it was received, ie. without sedo's fees... so the formula is a bit more complicated.

But still, thanks for letting us know ;)

•••
•••
Hi,

Thank you for your comments and interest in our new Domain Escrow service. Our External Transfer service would actually be the best option for the scenario you’re describing. This is available for 3% of the domain purchase price and includes the transfer of domain ownership and all that involves including the transfer of funds.

Sedo now has even more options in the transfer space and beyond. We are a one-stop-shop for domains offering affordable choices for all of your domain transaction needs.

Thank you and best regards,
Sedo

•••
I want to use the service but one issue I've had is buyers not actually paying once locked into a deal. I never got an answer if Sedo punishes them via ban or some other way for not honoring the deal as a buyer. If they receive no punishment then how is the marketplace maintaining integrity?

Last time this happened which was recently I was told to take legal action and the buyer's info was in the docs. But it wasn't...lol. Also it's pointless to try to sue over a few hundred dollars or even low 4 figures so what does that do to deter fake bidders / buyers in the future?

•••
Hi,

Thank you for your comments and interest in our new Domain Escrow service. Our External Transfer service would actually be the best option for the scenario you’re describing. This is available for 3% of the domain purchase price and includes the transfer of domain ownership and all that involves including the transfer of funds.

Sedo now has even more options in the transfer space and beyond. We are a one-stop-shop for domains offering affordable choices for all of your domain transaction needs.

Thank you and best regards,
Sedo

what abou
Read the fine print though
https://sedo.com/us/services/domain..._cid=19&et_lid=246433&et_sub=Escrow_Launch_US

Sales under $5,000 are now 3,25% fee. If the buyer pays by Paypal, they charge the buyer 3% transaction fee and charge seller an additional 2.9% disbursement fee on top of the 3.25 escrow fee.
3.25% + 3% + 2.9% = 9.15% escrow fees
another words "AS LOW AS 0.89 is simply not true" lolol im not surprised

•••
Payment Processing Fees
The Buyer is required to pay a Payment Processing Fee depending on the payment method.

• Wire Transfer (US Account): 20.00 USD
  • Wire Transfer (Non-US): 20.00 USD
  • ACH (US): 5.00 USD
  • Credit Card: 0.20 USD + 3.5% of the purchase price
  • PayPal (US Account): 0.30 USD + 3.0% of the purchase price
  • PayPal (Non-US): 0.30 USD + 4.7% of the purchase price

Disbursement Processing Fees
The seller has to pay a Disbursement Processing Fee depending on the disbursement method they want to use.

• Wire Transfer (US Account): 20.00 USD
  • Wire Transfer (Non-US): 40.00 USD
  • ACH (US): 5.00 USD
  • Check & eCheck: 10.00 USD
  • PayPal (US Account): 1.00 USD + 2.9% of the purchase price
  • PayPal (Non-US): 1.00 USD + 4.4% of the purchase price

•••
Well, I'm not sure why people tend to make it worse when it works fine, but it is reality.

Unfortunately, after Sedo partnered with Escrow Domains their external escrow service lost all advantages it used to have, so now it maybe is not worth it.

One who wants to use Sedo external service now has to use two intermediaries instead of one. Accordingly, it gets more expensive.

Not sure who will want to use it now.

Last edited:
•••
I use Payoneer Escrow by default...
But if some buyers (mainly French - from my experience) reject it - then they accept Sedo's very own escrow (3% or min. $60) without any questions.

•••
Disbursement Processing Fees
The seller has to pay a Disbursement Processing Fee depending on the disbursement method they want to use.

Wire Transfer (Non-US): 40.00 USD
This costs 15 EUR using genuine Sedo escrow.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back