NameSilo

advice Store domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ProDomanico

Established Member
Impact
can google file a case if I register

googl.store ( I see googlstore is running parked)

and all googl names at sedo. doesn't googl want those names ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Absolutely could take action - but would they bother?

•••
Yes they can, stay away from TM's

•••
is 'googl' Trademark ?? I suppose Google would be ?

•••
is 'googl' Trademark ?? I suppose Google would be ?
The spelling is not relevant. googl is too similar to google. It even sounds the same when you pronounce it.

•••
Yes, they would be able to take it from you as its that close to their TM

Do you honestly think you could register Nicrosoft.com and be ok, it comes down to usage and I cant see you wanting a name like for anything else

•••
Thanks guys,u convinced me, I dropeed those two babies, someone if you want go and get them :
googl.store, i-tunes.store :)

•••

Do you honestly think you could register Nicrosoft.com and be ok, it comes down to usage and I cant see you wanting a name like for anything else

How about Velcrosoft? ;)

•••
what about something like a ciscoapple.store ? Is it worth buying?

•••
what about something like a ciscoapple.store ? Is it worth buying?
cisco and apple in a domain name means you will have 2 heavy weights suing you.

•••
I have a question though, if some one buys for example a mango.store and if the registrar does not send a trademark claim check and I am able to buy the domain even then do I have chances of getting sued?

•••
I have a question though, if some one buys for example a mango.store and if the registrar does not send a trademark claim check and I am able to buy the domain even then do I have chances of getting sued?
the registrar does not check for trademarks. they dont have to. it is your responsibility.

•••
Thanks for the advise Justin... :)

•••

Most every word has a trademark, you can register the domain but it can't be used in the same manner as the trademark. Nor should there be ads running that would hurt the active trademark or benefit you. As for mango there's only 2 marks therefore lots could be done with the domain and name that would not interfere with the mark. I see no mark for mango store.

Some registers from time to time will show that there is a trademark but it doesn't mean you can't register the domain.

On occasion there could be a hot shot attorney sitting on the sideline to give you a hard time but no foul, no harm. Also never try to sell it to a trademark holder...

Last edited:
•••
Thank you mad409 .... Is there a site where I can check the trademark lists? I have a few .stores with me which I need to make sure if I can sell them. The reason I seek advise is that I had an americanexpress.store that I purchased and got a trademark infringement notice when I enabled ads (This is something that I was able to understand was a folly from my end) since I am new to this. So with americanexpress.store I have already initiated transfer to amex since their trademark monitoring partner marksmonitor had sent me steps on the same...

Last edited:
•••
Thank you mad409 .... Is there a site where I can check the trademark lists? I have a few .stores with me which I need to make sure if I can sell them. The reason I seek advise is that I had an americanexpress.store that I purchased and got a trademark infringement notice when I enabled ads (This is something that I was able to understand was a folly from my end) since I am new to this. So with americanexpress.store I have already initiated transfer to amex since their trademark monitoring partner marksmonitor had sent me steps on the same...

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4809:2v9qln.1.1

http://www.trademarkia.com/

Yes, stay away from stuff like American Express, Microsoft, Google and stick with generic words..

•••

If you were selling Soft Nicros or Silk Stockings on NicroSoft.com. Microsoft would probably not be able to claim trademark infringement. But they could probably take you to court and bankrupt you that way instead :( Even if they don't have any legitimate claim.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back