Dynadot

Teen Audience Ads?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CrazyTech

Wordpress & Web Hosting GuyVIP Member
Impact
What type of ads do you think teens click the most?

I had several in the past that involved purchasing games and they didn't seem to do so hot. I'm now trying my 2nd round of adsense and this time links seem to be a little better.

Have you had any success on a teen related site with a certain type of ad?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Music download ads tend to work a treat :tu:

Earned $10 on Adscence in a week from 80 uniques to my site ;)

Not bad, eh? :p

•••
Wow, wish I could do something like that - at this rate now I'll make about $0.50 a week.

•••
What site is it for, maybe i can help a bit more, if i knew what your market was?

•••
The first site in my sig - Teen Standard.

•••
Ads in motion, like flash banners, with basketball / football characters doing cool tricks click the most. Like, Shaq dunking on Yao Ming in All Star :D With special effects, company logo, and slogan.

•••
Hows about placing it between

Board Statistics

and

The Redlight District

:)

•••
Thanks.

I'm still having issues with adsense though - I got one click today which brings my grand total up to a whopping $0.69 for the past 3 days. I'm getting better ads than the first time but still not that relevant. Half the ads are for pay essay websites and so forth. Otherwise, they are free joke and game sites which will get a few clicks every once in a while.

I've tried contacting Google, but I can't seem to get anyone there. My email for that account no longer works so that makes it harder. I've been trying to get it switched over and I sent in another request today.

I'm wondering if there are alternatives.

•••
I've found that any site with teens is going to make it difficult with CPA or per-lead sites because most teens don't have money, access to a credit card, etc.

•••
There are no real alternatives that work :imho:... if the site is purely directed at teens that is...

•••
Sheesh, now I'm getting greeting card ads - yeah those are going over real well. I've tried to add sentences and such as it says to the website but for some odd reason I'm getting these wierd ads that don't really fit with what is presented in the front.

I've looked at affiliate programs but most of those require you to be 18.

•••
i don't click on adverts.... and if people post/link to referal links, I always remove the referal bit - aren't I just spiteful! :) :lol:

Acctually... tell a lie - I do use referal links, if a friend tells me to go to one... but if there is a banner on a website, I will always remove the referal bit! :)

•••
I never click on refferals unless I do it as a favor for someone. These ads are getting a few clicks (3-4 a day) but with crap like this coming up its getting harder.

•••
I think that people don't trust banner ads anymore anyway... there are too many out there which install spyware and give away crappy screensavers, or smiley packs or something. People just can't be bothered to do it any more!

•••
I still click on banners and many still do..... :)

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
I still click on banners and many still do..... :)
1% of people browsing a website will click a banner apparantly! so if you get 100 ppl a day to your website - thats 1 click a day (on average)

•••
i would say music, electronics.. games, web design stuf :) uumm free stuff (Free stuff is always good) hhmm what els...

•••
Music download as defently :imho:

•••
Sounds good - thanks for the suggestions!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back