Domain Empire

question Tesla and SpaceX canceled Facebook profiles!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

1Darko

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mozilla released a statement that they are pausing their Facebook activity:

Firefox
21. marec ob 22:51 ·

Dear 18 million people we’ve had the opportunity to interact with over the past several years here:

We’re taking a break from Facebook.

At Mozilla we champion platforms and technologies that are good for the web and good for the people that use it.
We stand up for transparency and user control because they make the web healthier for us all.

That’s why we are pressing pause on any Facebook activity. Mark Zuckerberg has just promised to improve Facebook’s settings and make them more protective, which is a start! Please do that! But we can’t help but think we’ve heard it before, so we’re still going to wait and see what materializes before we resume spending our ad dollars or time here.

IN THE MEANTIME:
If you need support for Firefox, you can find us here:https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/

If you’re someone who tweets, you’ll find us here:https://twitter.com/firefox

•••
I believe that this move has not really political reasons, for me it looks more like another part of the "same old show (republican vs democrats)".
Or simply an agreed "advertising tactic" between FB / TESLA because / and TESLA will "reopen" its FB channel in future?
This move brings FB / TESLA global attention...

Last edited:
•••
That's an interesting and strategic move with many ramifications and a lot of pressure on facebook.

Looks like the trend will stick and the #DeleteFacebook is spreading quite faster.
I'm not surprised that more big companies will follow and that will make quite a big dent in facebook's stock price which it was already declining.

Since the "Cambridge Analytica" incident they've lost a lot of trust in public eyes and we are witnessing the consequences of that.

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking the same thing with this whole Facebook issue. More and more small retailers and individuals might want to use their own domains instead of depending on an FB page.

It is certainly not a bad thing for the domain industry, IMHO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back