Dynadot

information The most powerful domain mogul you have not heard of.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RegBoss

Established Member
Impact
I came across this article today which some of you might find interesting. Canada is home to some big "domainers". The article is 10 years old but a real eye opener for me.
A group of Vancouver-based domainers have been receiving a lot of media attention lately. For those of you not familiar with the term, ‘domainers’ are domain name investors in the business of buying, selling, and monetizing traffic on parked domain names. And according to Nathan Vanderklippe’s article in last weekend’s Financial Post, “over the past decade, they have quietly made Southern B.C. into the world’s Internet ownership capital, a sort of virtual Manhattan that is home to some of earth’s most valuable addresses”.
The article came on the heals of Business 2.0 Magazine’s cover story about Vancouver resident Kevin Ham, proclaiming him “the most powerful dotcom mogul you have never heard of”.
https://blog.webnames.ca/millionaires-among-us-vancouve/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I remember that article. :) Thanks for posting.

•••
•••
You are welcome tiawood. He is probably a good neighbor to have MasterOfMyDomains.
His portfolio is probably worth billions now and not millions. Doctor turned domainer.

•••
nice
thanks

another nice tale of people with vision..being at right time and in right place! that's how all top domainers made money.. it's how people in all areas of life make serious money.. right decision, right vision, right place, right time.

easier said than done, saldly.

cheers

•••
Yun Ye was from Canada to do if I remember correctly. Canada is home to many domaining pioneers.

•••
I was also living in Vancouver, Canada when I started back in year 2000 :D

•••
Has to be best statement that I seen in awhile..

as everyone was figuring things out the hard way, those that networked and talked got an information advantage because they may have learned something from a peer before they figured it out on their own.” And who said networking was a waste of time?

•••
•••
nice
thanks

another nice tale of people with vision..being at right time and in right place! that's how all top domainers made money.. it's how people in all areas of life make serious money.. right decision, right vision, right place, right time.

easier said than done, saldly.

cheers

Exactly! Knowing when to strike that hot iron! Knowing when opportunity is knocking.... sometimes it also requires the guts to push through the fear...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back