NameSilo

Tranfers

Spaceship
Watch

Dr.Pepper

Account Closed
Impact
If you transfer a domain from NameCheap to another register does it release it right away? Is their a fee for that and if so who pays it the person who currently has the domain or the person your transferring it to?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Under normal circumstances the person pulling the name pays the fee. (which in most cases is a 1-year renewal)
Not sure about your NameCheap question?
Good Luck!

•••
Originally posted by NameCaster
Under normal circumstances the person pulling the name pays the fee. (which in most cases is a 1-year renewal)
Not sure about your NameCheap question?
Good Luck!

Thanks Name Caster anyone know the answer to the NameCheap question?

•••
Unsure ... I can't imagine NameCheap assessing a fee or delaying for a trasferred (away) domain name to another Registrar, IMHO. When you "pull" it over to this other Registrar, however ... the person "pulling" it (the buyer), as Namecaster correctly points out, would be responsible for that one-year renewal reg. at that receiving Registrar.
I have to PM DotLeader now on a NameCheap issue ... so I will also ask him to check in here, as well.
Good Luck.

•••
NameCheap is an enom resller I think, like registerFly - but they do not stop transfers - you just have to talk to their support first, espeicialy if your domain is locked to transfers.

•••
Thx for the info all :)
Knowledge is power :)

•••
•••
Originally posted by DotComster
NameCheap is an enom resller I think, like registerFly - but they do not stop transfers - you just have to talk to their support first, espeicialy if your domain is locked to transfers.

This is correct.
Addendum. You can actually unlock your domain name direct from their interface.

Cheers,
TW

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back